Chapter 7- What Happens Next

Start from the beginning

"Damn straight I am" he says and wiggles his eyebrows at me, "that's why you love me"

I snort and give him a light shove before walking to my locker with him behind me

"I see you've gotten yourself a new boy toy" he says and feigns a look of heartbreak, "you don't need me anymore"

"Oh Micheal" I say and roll my eyes, "always a drama queen"

"At your service" he replies with a smirk,

"You know, that sentence for a moment there made me think you were gay"

He raises his eyebrows and I see something like panic flash in his eyes before he masks it and smirks

"If I was gay would I do this?"

He then leans in very close to me, so close that our noses are touching and then smirks when he sees my cheeks turn a light shade of red before he moves back, winks at me and walks away.

*
*
*

"Holy mother of all things sacred and holy" Shantele says and I have to help her manually close her mouth that is open, "Micheal did that?"

"Yes, for the fifth time, he did" I say exasperatedly, tired of repeating the same thing to her over and over.

Before she can give me her famous 'don't start getting all sassy on me' pep talk Renae arrives at our table and flops down ungracefully on a seat.

"Whats got your panties in a twist" Shantele asks

"AP Calculus" She says and lets out a grunt of frustration

"And to think we warned you about hot boys in AP classes not being everything" Shantele and I say together and this earns us a playful glare from Renae

"Don't remind me" She says and sighs very loudly, "one of the worst decisions of my life"

We all chuckle and fall into a comfortable silence. I look at Shantele who is busy on her phone obviously talking to her boyfriend and then turn to see Renae staring at me.

I mouth 'what' at her and she just shrugs her shoulder and begins to text someone on her phone. Renae begins to look left and right like she's waiting for someone

"Are you waiting for someone?" I ask, and she looks up at me immediately and nods her head while her cheeks begin to turn slightly pink. Shantele and I notice this and begin to poke and prod her while wiggling our eyebrows at her. It was something we do when we want someone to spill details.

She finally caves and whispers the word "Jordan". My face immediately falls and Shantele immediately notices it and averts Renae's attention so as for her to not see my change in demeanor.

I stand up and this earns me a quizzical look from Renae. "I just remembered that I have something to do" I say and grab my bag from the back of my seat, "I'll call you when I get home so we can discuss Friday"

She simply nods at me but not before giving me a worried look and then going back to her phone. Shantele gives me a short nod and a reassuring smile before going back to pinching and poking Renae.

*

*

*

At home finally, I dump myself ungracefully on my bed and throw my things hazardly across my room.

My phone vibrates from my table where I dropped it and I see a message from Renae

R: Jossie, I was just wondering if I could come over today so we can go shopping.