Epilogue

The smell of chocolates still lingers around me even though it's been hours since I said my last goodbye to Shantele.

I keep pinching myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming and that I'm actually leaving the place that I spent my whole life in, leaving the people who I grew up with and the memories of those that shaped me.

I said my last goodbye to Adaira as well and I promised her that I would come back to check on her so that she'd never be alone.

I left a handwritten letter in Jordan's mail addressed to his mom, I wanted her to know how thankful I was for all the things she did for me and how she always showered me with love.

I didn't see Micheal again, I can't tell if it was because he was scared of what I'd do to him if I saw him or if he was just truly disgusted and didn't want to see me.

Flinette taps my shoulder and I finally notice that our flight is being announced.

I smile sadly at Shaze and the look of despair and sadness in his eyes is breaking me apart.

"I'm sorry that I'm leaving but it's the best thing for the both of us" my eyes begin to sting and I know that any moment from now I'll start crying again, "I'm being selfish by leaving because I can't bear to be around this place anymore even though I know how much leaving will hurt you"

"I'm sorry for all the pain I put you through but I've decided that from now on I'm going to live for only myself and myself alone" the tears begins to fall down and Shaze wraps his arms around me and I take in his cologne for the last time, "I don't want you to change just to accommodate me because the truth is, no matter what you say there will come a time when you will look at me and all you will see is a girl who hurts others for fun and when I look at you, I will constantly be reminded of my part in making you what you are right now"

I slowly move away from him and fix a small smile on my face as I raise my hand and wave goodbye, "I hope when we meet again our scars will be healed and we'll be better people and if not healed then I hope at that time we'll both be mature enough to be able to heal each other's scars".

He waves goodbye too and with tears flowing down my face and an aching heart I turn around and follow Flinette as we make our way to the terminal.

I don't want to look back, no, I won't look back. My life here is over, there's nothing left for me here, I've ruined and I've been ruined.

What started off as a calm breeze blew into a storm that fanned the flames of misfortune that befell me.

I wish I had left under better circumstances so I could at least say that I would be missed.

To be honest, I hope the pain and scars never fade away so that I'll never forget what happens when one takes matters into their own hands.

Today is filled with pain and dark clouds but I hope my tomorrow might have at least a little ray of light.

AN
And so this the end, I am forever grateful for all those who've been here from the get go and for those who stuck around till the end.

Thank you for bearing with my grammatical errors, my plot holes, my over dramatic scenes and worst of all my horrible updating schedule.

To a lot of my readers who might not be satisfied with the ending I'd like to let you know that I am satisfied with the ending, not every story has a happy ending and for someone who messed with people it would be wrong to give her one.

Status Quo originally was about some aspects of my life but then it became much more and grew into what it is now. Through this story I have learnt to forgive and let go which is something Josephine didn't learn, I've learned to be truthful to myself and others which is something Micheal didn't do, I learnt to be okay with what I have and not covet what belonged to another which is something Renae didn't do, I have learnt to not be quick to judge and to trust people more which is something Jordan lacked and I have learnt to stick by my friends through thick and thin which is something Shantele always did.

I hope you all learnt a few lessons like I did and I hope this story helped those who were struggling with one issue or the other.

Don't fret little lambs, there will be a part two, Josephine Anderson isn't one to go down without a fight.

Till we meet again.

Tee out!!!!