Chapter 6: First Mission

Beginne am Anfang

They were given their first mission. Apparently tennage girls have been going missing at night everyday.

As Tanjiro and Sachiko walked into town, they noticed a certain male with two bruises on his face. He looked dull, depressed. He was walking around like a dead zombie.

Tanjiro was about to approach him when he heard a few towns people talk.

"Did you hear about what happened? I heard his fiancé vanished."

"No way! How did she disappear?"

"Apparently something took her and He didn't see what grabbed her. Apparently she vanished out of thin air."

"Poor man.. They were such a good couple too."

Tanjiro felt bad for the man. He had just lost the love of his life. He turned towards the male, who's supposed last name was 'Kazumi.'

"Mr. Kazumi!"

Kazumi stopped in his tracks and looked at him, a bit of fear and guilt covering his face.

"I want to hear what happened last night, from your perspective."

Tanjiro and Kazumi talked for a while, Kazumi giving Sachiko a few weird glances. Sachiko was in her own little world, occasionally fixing the spot of her muzzle from time to time.

Tanjiro let go of Sachiko's hand and sniffed the area for a scent.

The scent of a demon is here.. But its uneven.. Weird.. We better keep an eye out..

Sachiko turned to look at Kazumi, feeling his gaze on her. She looked at him with an expressionless face.

Kazumi felt creeped out and just instead looked at Tanjiro's uniform.

Why is she wearing a bamboo muzzle? Who are these two?..

~

It was nightime, Sachiko was holding hands with Tanjiro as he walked around sniffing for a scent.

Sachiko tugged a little on his hand, catching his attention. Tanjiro looked at her confused and then noticed how terrified she was.

He gave her a reassuring smile and pat her on the head a few times before looking far into the distance.

If this demon is making Sachiko scared... How strong is he?..

Tanjiro looked up and tried to pick up the demon scent again. His eyes widened as he smelled the scent, it increasingly becoming more stronger when he looked in a certain area.

Its.. Growing stronger, the demon's scent!

Tanjiro took off, jumping on a rooftop and running across it. Sachiko ran with Kazumi to catch up with him.

By the time Sachiko and Kazumi caught up with him, Tanjiro had a girl in his arms, his sword in his other hand.

There was a demon with long dark purple hair and three horns on it's forehead, grinding his teeth in a terrifying way, creating a screeching noise.

Sachiko covered both her ears, obviously irritated by the sound. Tanjiro turned towards Kazumi and handed him the girl.

"Keep this girl safe, and stay close to me and Sachiko. In that way, we both can protect you."

Kazumi just looked shocked, still trying to take in all this demon nonsense. He nodded and took the girl, standing behind Sachiko, who seemed to have recovered from the screeching noise.

Sachiko turned to glance at Kazumi and the girl. She then started seeing familiar faces.

Kie~sama...