Part 95: The Final Battle Begins

Start from the beginning

Antonin intervened "When we fight, she will fight for them"

The death eaters whispered among each other in agreement "kill her!" - one yelled

Tom wasn't having it. He whisked his wand and a green flash bolted into the man who just said that and he dropped dead. The whole room suddenly fell quiet again.

"Are you questioning my authority?" - he rose up from his seat and circled the table, glancing at each one of the members "If so, speak now" - he stopped next to Antonin and leaned in "Or I will silence you myself to avoid a shameful burden at the battle"

Antonin shook his head "Nothing."

Everyone in the room knew that Riddle was one of the most powerful wizards. It would have been a fruitless loss to fight him mid war.

"Good." - Riddle sat back down "The order thinks we have no knowledge of their attack tomorrow. But what can we expect from a number of fools"

Igor Karkaroff exhaled "Dumbledore will be present too, my lord"

Your heart hopped at the sound of his name.

"Of course he will" - Tom shortly snickered "That old, blithering twit"

"Dumbl--" - you murmured silently, capturing Riddle's sole attention "Dumbledore is not a blithering twit"

"You are defending him?" - Tom snarled

"I'm saying how it is" - you replied

Riddle kept quiet for a few seconds, he wasn't fond of you defending Albus but he did admire the straightforward, aggressive side of you.

He looked back at his hushed followers and changed the subject "It is the middle of the night. I must urge you all to rest. Tomorrow our victory will be born and all those in question of us will die."

Everyone nodded before dismissing themselves out of the dining room.

Whilst you and Riddle returned to the bedroom.

Inside, your feet stopped and you turned eye to eye with Tom "I'll stay true to my words from last night. About fighting with the order"

"Of course." - he answered

"And you do not have a problem with that?"

"For now."

"Do you think I should leave?"

He shook his head "No." - his lip twitched "You will be in danger regardless of your side. And you won't be shielded by me but I may try."

"I'll be fine"

"Do you still have the bracelet in your possession?" - Tom asked

"The one you gave me years ago for Christmas? well, yes.. I just haven't been wearing it"

"Wear it for tomorrow."

"What is it really for, Tom? That night after the incident with your... family and I was in danger, you came to my rescue after it emitted light? I've had all kinds of suspicions after"

Riddle sighed, he was reluctant to tell you the truth.

"I have a similar one. I've enchanted it prior gifting it to you. If you are at risk and we are separated, it will glow red to you and me. But only if you wear it."

"What about the time turner issue? You hated me for---"

"We will not speak of that" - he stroke your cheek "Get some sleep."

"What about you?"

"I shall join you."

You smiled, what a warm thing to hear knowing you didn't have to request him for once.