Part 94 Only Mine

It's silly how only one moment with someone you admire can briefly make you forget every sin.

You pushed away from his arms, dismissing the passion Riddle ignited.

"Why...? Why are you so erratic?"

Tom remained quiet. He didn't really know the answer himself as what he wanted would keep changing yet he'd always chase after it.

Riddle steadily observed "You just don't get it do you?" - He swung his wand up to the air, twirling it over his head as he whispered "Expecto Patronum" - and a silver patronus escaped his wand. A blinding, flying Buzzard dashing around in circles with a trail of grey mist that lit up Riddle's pale face underneath, whisking back his curls with its' speed. When the patronus was gone with the last brush of the wind, Tom's stance was as firm as a rock and his tone solid clear "You're the happy memory."

It took you a few minutes to take it in. Last time he said something like this was back in Hogwarts.

"Why are you telling me this" - you anxiously muttered "Not too long ago you were about to murder my family to hurt me"

His lips shut tight, letting a pause sink into the room, realizing you are right.

He felt complicated. 

He brushed his fringe back as he turned to a window and leaned towards its ledge. His fingers clawed onto the surface, as if being deeply troubled or anxious. "I'm sorry." - he finally said.

You gulped, feeling your skin tingle "What.. Did you say...?"

But he didn't repeat. He silently looked over his shoulder at you and scoffed muttering "So sentimental.."

"Well... I... accept your apology" - you replied "But. It doesn't change what already happened. It won't change who you are."

Tom pushed back from the window, his eyes projecting so much warmth "I thought of you as a liar. A traitor."

"And you suddenly changed your mind?"

"No." - he softly blinked "I am fully aware you stand with the order" - he approached you close enough for you to feel the heat of his presence "I have no use of you anymore" - he took something out of his inner pocket, revealing it to be your wand "You are free to go. Free from me."

You glanced down at your wand, slowly retrieving it from his tender grip before looking back up "Because you grew tired of this?"

"No." - he shook his head "Because I am intelligent enough to know you won't like to stay"

"You know I'll..." - your voice shook "I'll still fight alongside the order"

"I know." - he replied.

"and I still..." - you felt your stomach grow heavy, unable to maintain eye contact "After everything..." - your eyebrows swiftly lifted as you trembled holding your wand "Still..."

He grabbed your hands, holding them tightly in place as your glares met again "Don't."

A part of you wanted to just kiss him straight there. But the other one stopped you, remembering every way he had hurt you.

When those comforting hands let go of yours, a sudden strike of uncertainty crossed you and it was so difficult to just walk away.

Besides, if you were to leave, who would keep an eye on him.

You rubbed the back of your neck, your eyes fixed to the floor, just thinking what to do. And when you'd glance back at Riddle his face was a blank canvas who had been awaiting for your move.

It was so easy in the beginning. Just take your wand and leave. No apology can fix what he has done and there was no assurance he wouldn't do it again. He IS the dark lord after all, he positioned himself into such a glorifying place with a reason.

But being present here after knowing what you know was problematic.

Your mouth was dry, a nauseating feeling in the stomach pulled you further into an idea to just let it all go for another night. 

"You seem to be taking some time." - Riddle folded his hands behind his back "Should I escort you out?"

"No, that won't be necessary" - you halted him "I just feel a little bewildered"

"No rush then" - he calmly stated 

Should you follow your heart or your mind that knows better.

Your mouth released a small sigh as you turned to walk out of the room, not wanting to apparite. You stopped in between the door frame, glancing back at Tom who was following you with his eyes, looking disappointed at your choice.

The right choice. To walk away.

But not the choice your heart wanted.

You stumbled at a stop of your feet, feeling an overload of a fluttering sensation as only one thought ran through your head - regardless of how dumb it was.

As your body ran led by your heart, you rushed back into Riddle's arms who instantly embraced you. He softly sighed as if relieved.

With a whisk of his wand he closed the door, not letting go of you with his other hand. 

As you felt his arms wrap around your waist, you could feel his galloping heart. His beautiful eyes glared into yours, looking at you the way he could never have looked at another. He leaned closer, looking at your lips like they were a light in the dark, an escape from darkness he briefly wished for.

He stroke the hair away from your cheek, such a gentle man behind this monstrous persona.

He could easily read you like a book by now. Know what you'd want and how you'd want it.

There was a steaming intensity in his eyes just before he connected his lips with yours, nothing but a spark of passion between the two of your movements, pulling onto one another in the strongest desire.

His attention was like an unhealthy drug and each place of his touch left a warm mark.

---(Meanwhile, at the order HQ)---

James roamed in between rooms, anxious on his feet, walking between Remus, Sirius and Lily who were all watching him remain restless no matter how much they'd try to calm him down.

Potter suddenly stopped, meeting glances with Albus Dumbledore.

Dumbledore's eyes jumped between the faces "They're arriving."

Agitated, they peered down to the floor, knowing what this meant.

A big battle was coming.