Chapter 4: On Top Of The Night

Start from the beginning

"It's not as bad as my family use to be." Gaara looked at the ground and just stared.

"What do you mean Gaara?" Neji was feeling worry rush over him now that Gaara's voice sounded upset.

"I mean my father. I'm glad to be away from him. My life was living hell. He beat me everyday and told me I wasn't allowed to see my uncle. He would lock us in our rooms if we didn't listen to him. He even tried to kill me. That's why it took me so long to talk to people. I didn't want to get hurt or anything and I was scared too." Gaara stopped talking and just looked at the ground.

Neji looked at Gaara and pulled the boy closer to him. He held Gaara and whispered things in him ear to calm him down. Neji could tell that Kankurou and Temari were outside the door so he knew that they heard everything. He didn't care. His past was sad and he need to talk to someone, so did Gaara.

"Gaara, I never knew that your life was that bad. And why...why would your father try to kill you?" Neji had a feeling that Gaara wasn't going to tell him, but he did.

"Because my father never wanted children. It was my mother that wanted us. When she died we were left with your father. We wanted so bad to move with our uncle and stay out of our father's way but he wanted us to stay with him. He told us that we were the only things left to remind him of our mother. A month later he started to beat me. Kankurou tried to stop him so many times but he just kept coming after me. I could never run away from him. The scar you were asking about yesterday morning, it was from something sharp. He pushed me down the steps and something went through my shoulder. I never felt so much pain before." Gaara looked down again but his head was brought back up and Neji, who kissed him.

"I understand Gaara. You don't have to tell me anymore. Now you don't have to worry about him anymore. I'm sure with you changing and everything, he'll never find you or hurt you." Neji pushed him lightly, so that Gaara was laying on the bed with Neji on top of him. Neji started kissing Gaara's neck and putting his hands up Gaara's shirt. He then slowly started taking Gaara's shirt off and kissing down his neck and shoulder. Neji was about to go down farther, but Gaara stopped him and lightly pulled his face back up to his. Then Gaara started kissing him more and sucking and biting Neji's neck. They were still teasing each other when there was a knock on Gaara's bedroom door.

"Who is it and what do you want?" Gaara asked.

"It's me Gaara. I was wondering what you're doing." Kankurou said.

Gaara and Neji looked at each other and started laughing. They knew Kankurou was standing at the door. So they didn't do anything that Kankurou would throw Neji out of the house for.

"Do you think he knows what we were doing just a minute ago?" asked Gaara.

"Who knows? I hope he didn't or he'd probably kill me." Neji said with a laughed.

"Yeah or maybe torture you in school tomorrow." Gaara looked at Neji and smiled at him.

"Yeah, maybe. Well what do you want to do since your brother is now keeping an eye on us?" asked Gaara.

"I don't know. We can play a racing game on PS2 if you want." Gaara said.

"Fine, then I can show you how I kick everyone's ass." Neji said with a smile. They started playing the game and Neji was winning but then Gaara put in a cheat code without Neji seeing it. Then Gaara got one of the fastest cars in the game. Neji didn't know how he did it until he looked at the floor and saw something Gaara was trying to hide.

"Hey Gaara why are you cheating?" Neji smile and grabbed the book and took it away from Gaara.

"Because I can." Gaara said.

After about an hour they went down to get something to eat. While they were down there Kankurou was watching them to see how they acted. He could tell that Gaara was happier then anything. Even Temari knew it. They loved seeing Gaara's real smile. He was as happy as he was when their mother use to be alive. They thought that smile was never going to come back. It looked like they were wrong again.

"I'm so happy to see Gaara like this. I thought he would never come out of the past. It looks like he forgot about father Kankurou." Temari was almost jumping up and down but stopped when Kankurou was staring at her.

"I'm happy too, but we shouldn't be watching them. So let's go up to my room and when Neji leaves. Gaara will come up and tell us. Okay?" Kankurou stared at her and saw that she shook her head, then they went up to his room.

Gaara and Neji started to watch TV. After an hour Neji knew he had to get home. So Gaara walked Neji to the door and they kissed. After that they said bye to each other and Neji left. When Neji was finally gone Gaara went up to his brother's room where Kankurou and Temari were sitting. When he walked in, Kankurou looked up that him.

"So are you going to tell us why you looked so weak?" Asked Kankurou.

"Well I answer the door about a day ago, after I heard the doorbell and Itachi was at the door." Said Gaara

"What happened Gaara!" Temari freaked.

"I tried to close the door, but then him and two others pushed the door open and Itachi covered my mouth so I couldn't call Neji for help. Then Itachi took me down to the basement and had Orochimaru and Kimimaro tied me up and then...Itachi...r-raped me." Gaara looked at the ground almost in tears.

"Why I'm going to fucking hurt him when I get to school tomorrow." Kankurou slammed he fist on the desk making Gaara jump some.

"Don't worry little brother. Kankurou will take care of this." Temari said hugging her brother.

Gaara was about to go to bed when he heard the doorbell. He went to his room hoping his brother or sister would answer it. They didn't. So Gaara walked to the steps and yelled down.

"Who is it?" There was no answer but the person knocked on the door now. Gaara asked again getting near the door. "Who is there?" No answer. Now it was pissing him off. He went up to the door and without checking it. He unlocked it and opened it. Looking up he saw who was standing in front of him. "No. Not you again."

(END OF CHAPTER)

Sorry it's so short!

I made a really good cliff hanger. I will try to update soon. REVIEW everyone.