Javier laughed at this, but my head was spinning. I felt my body start to heat up, but I pushed the thought of it away. That wasn't something I'd have to worry about right now.

I glanced at the clock hanging above the door to Miss Rose's office. The little hand of the clock had just reached 5.

"Hey, the workday is over," Javier said as if reading my mind, "want me to give you a ride home? You know, since you don't have the ability to do so yourself."

"Ha-ha, very funny Javier," I said rolling my eyes, but I had a smile on my face, "I'd love that, actually. Let me just tell Miss Rose that I'm leaving"

I quickly walked over to Miss Rose's large wooden doors, knocking briskly before letting myself in.

As usual, she was seated behind her large desk scribbling stuff unto papers and looked up as I walked in.

"I'm about to leave for the weekend? Do you need anything before I go?" I asked as I stood in front of her table.

I watched the way she leaned back in her seat, a smirk playing on her full lips as she looked at me.

"Muna, if you had the opportunity to go to space, would you?" Miss Rose asked as she squinted her eyes intensely at me.

Here she was again with the random out-of-nowhere questions.

"No, I wouldn't, Miss Rose." I said simply.

"Really?" She said, "most people would jump at the opportunity."

"Maybe," I replied, "but it just doesn't appeal to me. It never really has."

"And why is that?" Miss Rose asked. She had now stood up from her seat at her table and had begun walking around the room.

"Well," I said, watching her as she sat on her table just a few feet apart from where I was standing, "I imagine it could get really lonely."

Miss Rose now looked at me intently with her hands in the pockets of her pants. Her lips were pursed and her dark hair was falling into her eyes. She didn't say anything but just stared at me in silence.

I cleared my throat, "do you need anything else, Miss Rose?"

"Um, no, that would be all. Have a good weekend Muna," her voice was soft as she spoke, it also sounded distant.

"You too, Miss Rose," I said before turning on my heel and walking out of her office.

I was vaguely aware of her stare at the back of my head as I walked out. I could almost feel it even. That's how intense it was.

"All set?" Javier asked once I reappeared in his view.

I nodded my head, and we made our way to the elevators leading to the car park.

The entire plane ride was one big mess. Besides the fact that I barely couldn't wait for the plane to land and for me to be reunited with Amanda, there was also the kid who kept screaming throughout the five-hour flight, much to the annoyance of everyone. Sleep was not much of an option either.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding as the plane finally touched down on the runway. I was wiggling my legs in anticipation and rubbing my palms together in excitement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking, welcome to Philadelphia. Please stay seated with your seat belts on until the fasten seat belt sign is switched off-"

I stared out of the window as I watched the flaps on the plane's wings rise and fall. I began smiling to myself, unable to contain how happy I felt.

When the plane finally came to a halt and the fasten seat belt signs were turned off, I shot out of my seat. I recovered my single hand luggage from the overhead compartment and before long I was standing in the Philadelphia Airport looking around me with excitement.

Amanda was nowhere to be seen. I glanced around me furiously, but no sight of her.

I suddenly heard a loud familiar squeal, "Muna!"

I turned around immediately and was faced with the sight of my best friend running towards me. She was dressed in mom jeans and a sweatshirt and her brown curly hair bounced around her head as she ran towards me.

"Amanda!" I squealed in response.

I began running towards her, and our bodies collided as we embraced each other. It felt like we had been apart for forever; I missed her like crazy. It was so good to finally be with her again, and I immediately felt a comfort wash over me.

"Come on!" Amanda said, suddenly breaking the hug, "we gotta go, I parked my car in a drop-off spot and I don't wanna get fined!"

I was laughing as we ran hand in hand to where Amanda had parked her car. We probably looked crazy: two women sprinting through the airport, laughing and giggling to themselves like thirteen-year-olds.

We got to Amanda's grey Volvo and managed to drive away without attracting a lot of attention to ourselves. The drive to Amanda's University campus was spent talking to each other about anything and everything. We finally arrived and Amanda helped me carry my suitcase inside whilst I followed behind her.

"My roommate is home for the weekend, so we have the room all to ourselves." Amanda said smiling at me as she swiped her school ID in the slot, "Campus right now is so peaceful and quiet, I'm gonna miss it next week when everyone comes back for the Fall Semester."

I had visited Amanda's University before, back when the semester was fully in session. It was a direct contrast to how quiet the Campus was right now.

"I can't wait till I'm able to go back to College," I said, flopping down on Amanda's bed and smiling up at the ceiling.

Unlike me, Amanda was already in Grad school studying for her Master's Degree in Engineering.

"Have you decided what area you want to concentrate in yet?" Amanda asked as she flopped down on the bed next to me.

"I'm thinking of Child Psychology... or maybe even Criminal. But I'm not sure if I should pursue something that has to do with my Business Degree instead."

I turned to look at Amanda, who now had her phone in her hand and was scrolling.

"You still have time to figure all that out, Muna. So don't stress about it right now."

I smiled. That was Amanda's motto: 'why stress about it now if you could stress about it later?'

"Hey Muna, I hope you're hungry, I ordered a pizza," Amanda said, putting her phone away and turning to look at me.

I sat up suddenly, "toppings?"

"Meaty delight, just how you love it."

"Yes," I moaned out as I smiled at Amanda, "you know me so well."

It was so good to be back with my best friend.