Chapter (39): Carter Reed

Start from the beginning

"Mm-hmm" She looked up at her and earned a tender kiss from her on the lips.

"Okay. Bye"

***************************

"Mark and I were playing in his room and his mom came with really good cake!" said Ben while he was in his bed, getting ready to sleep.

"Really?" She arched an eyebrow. "So, I get that you like her cakes more than mine"

She tickled him on his side, making him laugh and squeal.

"No, Danni!" He laughed. "Stop! Your cake is better!" he said laughing and she stopped tickling him.

"That's what I thought"

She ruffled his hair and he slipped his body under the covers, yawning.

"Okay, champ, time to sleep"

He nodded and she tucked him in after he gave her a hug.

She went to her bedroom and rested her body on the mattress. Danni put one hand behind her arm and the other on her stomach, her eyes were opened and she was thinking about Avery that was making her heart beat at the moment and her lips betrayed her when they curved up for a smile.

Her phone rang beside her and she extended her hand to grab it, seeing the ID's caller, she smiled at herself.

"Can't get enough of me already?" asked Danni.

"Cocky!" said Avery smiling. "Did I wake you up?"

"No. Actually I was just thinking about you"

"Me too. I was thinking about our time earlier"

There was a silence for a moment and Avery spoke again. "Danni" She sighed. "Do you... like me?"

She sat properly on the bed and frowned. "Of course I do! Why do you ask such thing? I mean I kissed you, right? And... I think I liked you since the very first day I met you, back in the garage, when you were about to kill me, remember?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, how could I forget? You were such a pain in the ass!"

"And you were such a mean girl!" She shot back. "But I liked it. it's... hot"

"You are such a flirt!"

"Can't help it. I wanted to tell you about my feelings for you before"

"Why couldn't you?"

"I was going to you the day when you shut me out, I was going to tell you about how I feel towards you"

"Don't tell me it's the day before I told you about what Gray did to me?"

"Yes, that was the day"

"Ugh! I'm such an idiot!"

"Avery, it's okay. You were mad at him and not me. I know you didn't mean what you said that day"

"I just wish if I've told you before that I was having a crush on you!"

Danni's eye went wide and she grinned, sitting up on the bed. "Wait, what?"

On the other line Avery covered her mouth and blushed at her own words.

"Are you saying that you all this time were having a crush on me?!"

"..."

"Avery?"

"Yes. Yes, I was, okay? It's not my fault that you are flirty all the time and you have a kind heart I guess I was attracted to you"