Chapter 2

Eagerly, Vivian reached in her bag. Westley couldn't help but appreciate her body,she had a glowing skin with a petite body giving her an appearance of fragile beauty.

"Here it is" Vivian handed him her résumé.

Their fingers met when he collected it and their eyes connected uncomfortably. Westley looked back down and unfolded the paper.

"This looks good" Westley nodded.

Vivian smiled.

"But the fact you don't have a work experience makes me reluctant." He added.

Her smile faltered."I know my experience is lacking but I can do this job. I'm eager and I did very well in my training. I want more than anything for your son to talk,children like West can be helped."

"What do you mean,children like West?" His expression slowly morphing to that of anger.

"I mean children with developmental problems. You know being unable to talk is not the end of the world. West can still be very happy." She said trying to justify her earlier statement.

"You think something is seriously wrong with my son,don't you?" Anger evident in every word.

"No, I...."

"Well,there's not!" He stood.
"You're no different from those so called experts who label him after asking a few puny questions. You don't know him as I do and he is as normal as I am!"

Vivian held her chest, shaking."But I only said that to comfort you."

"Well,that wasn't necessary. I knew you were wrong for this job. You come in here with your mind made up that my son is abnormal and you were just planning to sit around and get paid for nothing !"

"That's not true." Deeply offended. "I am not lazy and I enjoy working."

"Women like you ...."

"Women like me!" Completely livid.

"...only go to school to lure a man to take care of your pitiful self and when things get rocky,you go on to your next cash provider" he continued ignoring her outburst.

Deciding she won't wait around to be insulted,she snatched her résumé from his hand and stuffed it into her bag"you know what,you are a nut job and definitely need help. I thought I would have problem in relocating from Lagos to Abuja,it's clear now,you are the problem. "

Looking at her retreating figure,he watched her curvy self with an inkling of arousal.
............................

Realizing she still had to wait for the next bus,Vivian debated getting a snack or finding a restaurant. Suddenly,the smell of coffee filled her nostrils and spotting the eatery,her mind was made up. Vivian pushed open the doors of Omy food and drinks.
Looking around, she immediately took a liking to the place. Scanning the room,Vivian just wished it didn't have the rest....Noisy men all over. Lately, she avoided crowds specially ones with opposite sex.

"I have a table,"an older waitress said with a smile on her face "And also perfect for a ravishing woman like you." She winked.

Vivian wanted to scream that she wasn't looking for any manly attention except to eat and cool her mind from the anger Westley made her feel. She cringed at all the men who began to notice her.

"Thanks," Vivian told the waitress.

"No problem,now what would you have?" She said as she took out a pad and a pen.