Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Emily's POV

I sit beside Jennifer's crib, rocking quickly on a rocking chair Samuel bought for me. It has been two days now that I have been home. I can't explain how great it is to see my friends again. I didn't know I much I missed my home and my family until I felt the joy of seeing them again.

I was right. Ilene was guilty for spilling the beans to Samuel about my whereabouts. She held a guilty look on her face when I entered the house. At that point, I didn't mind that she was the reason for my almost miscarriage. I had missed my friend so much and I was happy to see her.

Catherine was first to take Jennifer from my arms and gaze down at her granddaughter. She was a grandmother at the age of fifty and she didn't mind a bit. She claimed that she was waiting for this. Drew was second to hold Jennifer and before long, she was passed along.

I hear Jennifer coo and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face as place a hand to my chest. She is actually my baby. I am a mother and I never knew it would feel like this. I knew I wanted to be a mother, but now that I am, it is even better than I had ever imagined.

The door opens softly and I peek over to see Samuel walk in with his hands shoved into the pockets of his black Adidas track pants. He wears a wife-beater, signally he is in his pajamas. My eyes eat him up as this shirt hugs him tightly, showing off his slim abdomen and his broad chest. Samuel is in such good shape, it puts all other men to shame.

"Won't you come to bed, baby?" He asks, his voice groggy with sleep. He puts his hands on my shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze. I moan, leaning back into his hands.

"I don't want to leave her side." I whisper. Samuel ducks down and places a kiss to the side of my neck. "She's so small." Since Jennifer came early, she only weighed five pounds. She is such a tiny thing, it worries me to leave her alone. I fear that when I take my eyes off of her for a moment, she will leave me like all my other children.

"She's going to be fine, Em. We will sense if there is any danger." I stared at the crib as he says this, biting my bottom lip. "You need to sleep." Before I could agree, he scoops me up in his arms and I wrap my arms around his neck.

Samuel carries me to our bedroom where he places me on our bed and slides in next to me. "I've been waiting months to have you in our bed again. I can't bear to have it empty when you're so near." I turn to face him, placing a hand on his cheek. Samuel looks just a beautiful as he always does. It brings me joy to know that he didn't lose himself while I was away.

"I'm so glad that I am back." I smile. "I couldn't stop thinking about seeing you again." I lean forward to press a kiss against his lips. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. My hands tangle in his hair to keep him prisoner in my arms.

Samuel rolls us so he is hovering over me. He braces himself up with his forearms, being sure to keep most his weight off of me. He has been very gentle with me, believing I am some fragile being. I had healed three days ago, I was back to full health yesterday. I am no longer sore or in pain but that doesn't keep him from being cautious.

He pulls back, pressing his forehead against mine. "I need to stop now or I won't be able to." He says. I grab the back of his neck, arching up to press myself against him. He closes his eyes, moaning.

"What makes you think I want to? I have waited to be back in your embrace for months." A smile plays on his lips as he peels open his eyes to gaze down at me. He then flops down on his back and wraps his arms around my waist. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. Why would he deny having our first passionate night in months? It can't be about hurting me.

I prop up on my elbow and look down at him. His face his soft and I can see a hint of sadness in them. I trace my finger over his worry lines on his forehead. "What's going on, Sam?" I whisper. His hands sprawl out on my back, giving me a squeeze.

"I just don't think you're ready yet." He says. I watch his eyes as his says this and they flicker up to look at the ceiling. He's lying. His eyes become glossy and a tear rolls down his cheek. My heart squeezes tight and my stomach churns. I wipe the tear away and waited for him to explain.

"It was hell for me when you were gone, Emily. When I found out you were gone, I went searching and I called out for you. I knew in my heart you would come back but it was hard to... breathe. My sole purpose in life is you and with you away, all I wanted to do was die. Even though I knew you'd be back, I couldn't help but think that maybe it would be best if you didn't. I'm not good for you, Em. I'm not good in general. I have brought you nothing but pain and tears. You deserve someone so much better than me." I can't help the tears that fall as he says this. I shake my head, placing a hand on his cheek to turn him to look into my eyes. Tears leave his eyes as well.

"Sam, don't think that. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have done so much for me. You gave me my life back. You brought back my wolf and taught me how to be strong. You showed me what it is to love someone and what it is to be loved. You brought me a beautiful daughter that was created from that love. I will fight every day to be in your arms. No one could keep me from you." I press my lips to his, giving him fierce, long kiss.

"I just can't lose you again." As he says this, I know I can't promise him that it won't happen. I will do anything to ensure my daughter's safety, even if it means my own life. Samuel doesn't deserve that, but I can't not promise we will be together forever.

"I'm here, Sam. I'm right here." I rest my head on his chest, listening to his rapid heartbeat as he wraps his arms tightly around me.

Samuel presses a kiss on the top of my forehead, holding tightly to me. "I love you, Emily." He tells me. I smile softly and nod my head.

"I love you more, baby. I always will."

"Please don't leave me. I need you. Always and forever." I tilt me head back and gaze up at him. Instead of promising him something that I can't keep, I press my lips to his, hoping to distract him.

I will research and ask everyone I know about this demon and how to destroy him. If there is no known way, I will do it the only way I know by bringing the demon into my own body and end us both. If he tries to harm my daughter, he will lose his life within minutes.

No one hurts my family and gets away with it.