Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I lay sprawled out, the grass prickling my fur as the sun beats down and soothingly bakes me. I close my eyes, my breathing evening out from a long run. Ever since I got my wolf back, I have been spending as much time in this form as possible. Being in human form meant I had the chance of encountering Samuel and I that was the last thing I wanted to do.

Being able to hear Samuel's thoughts gives me a headache. All he thinks about is how much he hates people and what his next moves are with the pack. I don't care about what he has to say or think and I wish he would just block off his mind so I don't have to hear him.

I can't say that my heart doesn't skip a beat, however, when we do occasionally run into each other and "she's so beautiful" leaks from his mind. It pleases me that my mate finds me attractive-due to the absent scar I may add.

I hear a twig snap and I jump to my feet, cowering back a few steps as I let out a terrified growl. "It's just me." I hear Ilene say as she walks out of the forest to sit in front of me with a soft smile. "You don't need to be frightened when you are here, Emily. No one would dare attack a wolf from the Colorado pack." She says and I lower myself into a laying position, looking into her eyes.

It's not outsiders I am afraid of. I admit. She sighs and falls onto her back, placing an arm over her eyes to block the sun.

"Samuel loves you. He just doesn't know how to show it." She says. I shake my head. How could he love me and treat me so poorly? People in love don't act that way. "Catherine and Drew acted that way, though they never stopped loving each other." She reminds me. I let out a breath and roll my eyes.

Yes, but neither of them are Samuel. Ilene lets out a laugh.

"That's the truth." We lay there for a while, enjoying each others company in peace as the birds chirp and the wind blows through my fur. "How does it feel to have your wolf back?"

It's perfect. It's almost as if she never left. That my family wasn't slaughtered. She looks over at me with a frown.

"I'm sorry Emily. No child should ever see their parents die so young." She reaches over and places her hand on my paw. "You are a strong woman, Emily, for all that you have gone through."

Thank you, Ilene.

Emily, come to the house. I hear Samuel's voice in my mind and I tense. It is the first time he has ever contacted me through our mind link and to be honest, it was strange. Ilene gets to her feet and leaves to get me clothes as I stand and change back to my human form. Ilene returns with a sundress that she throws over my head.

"I wonder what it is he wants." I say. Ilene shrugs, looping her arm with mine.

"Whatever it is, he will not hurt you. Do not be afraid of him, Emily. You are Luna now." For some reason, her words lifted weight off my shoulders and brought up my confidence. I gave her a nod.

We walk into the house and I see Catherine, Drew, Blake and Samuel standing around the kitchen table. I don't even think about it as I walk over to Samuel's side, slipping under his arm that wraps around my shoulder.

I catch Catherine's gaze and she gives me a smile. She seems happy. I'm not sure if it's because she is with her mate again, or if it is because Samuel and I are one.

"What is so important that you had to take us all away from our lives?" Samuel asks with a snark. I slap his stomach lightly, telling him to be nice. I could tell he didn't like my response to him but I ignored him as I turned my attention towards Catherine and Drew.

"Well, now that you two are finally mated, we are going to have a celebration, anointing Emily as the new Luna of the Colorado Pack." Drew says. Samuel nods his head as my lips part. I really don't want a celebration in my honor. I don't do well with all that attention.

"Great, anything else?" I give Samuel a glare, shaking my head at him.

Don't defy me, Emily.

Well then stop being such an ass to your parents.

Drew gives his son a cold glare as he turns to look at me. "There is actually one more thing..."

"Oh God." Samuel groans.

"What?!" Blake exclaims with excitement and shock.

"Yes!" Ilene claps her hands with a grand smile on her face. I raise my eyebrows, what is going on?

"Your grandparents are coming into town." Drew tells Samuel.

"Who?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, looking at everyone as they all seem very excited except for Samuel... Shocking.

"My parents. Summer and Aiden Ross."

Anyone see that coming? Anyone? Well, I'm bringing them back, from the very first book of the season, the epic love story that started it all!

Hope you enjoyed (I know it was short)

xoxo,

Charlotte