Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Emily's POV

The man takes leave after snapping at me and I stare wide eyed at the door as it slams closed. What just happened? Who was he? And why am I feeling so lost and lonely with him gone?

I look down at my body under the covers and shudder at the sight of the bruises and cuts on my legs, stomach and arms. I remember everything that had happened. The ambush, the slaughter, the rape. It all happened so fast. They were all dead before I could even process the fact that we were being attacked. And before I knew it, I was lying underneath three men with my clothes ripped to shreds. I

I hang my head as sobs shake through my body. They're all gone. My parents, my little sister, even my wolf. I have lost connection with her. Only mating with my mate will bring her back. However, I will not be able to find him without her. He might as well have been the guy standing in my room from earlier and I wouldn't have known he's mine.

Without her, my body will take longer to heal. Without her, I lose all immortal strength. Without her, I am not able to morph, to protect myself. Without her, I am vulnerable and all alone.

The bedroom door opens and I jerk at the intrusion, using the covers to shield me. I relax, however, when I see a a beautiful woman walk in with a tray. Her blond hair curls at her shoulders and her blue eyes are soothing. She doesn't look a day over thirty.

"Hello dear, I'm River. I've brought you some soup and crackers." She sets the tray on the bed-stand beside me and I watch her as she clasps her hands together. "I know you must be scared, but I promise that you will never be harmed again. You are in the Colorado Pack and we are going to take care of you." My blood runs cold as she says this. The Colorado Pack is known for having evil Alpha's. Nearly every other generation, there is an evil Alpha. Two generations ago was John Blackwood.... His son Drew was kind and gentle.... And now Samuel Blackwood is Alpha and he couldn't be anymore cruel than he already is. I have heard horror stories of what he has done to women, rogues and werewolves in general. He doesn't have a heart. He cares for no one.

River must have notices my terror because she lets out a sigh. "Don't worry. He may be cruel, but he won't lay a finger on you. As long as you're not his mate." She gives me a smile. I surely hope I am not. "Go ahead and eat. Once you have the strength to walk, come join us downstairs." She turns to leave and I eye the soup beside me, my stomach growling with hunger.

Once the door clicks shut, I down the warm soup and crackers.

*

*

*

The clock reads 7:34 when I roll out of bed and stand on sore legs. I stiffly walk to the door, groaning at the pain from in between my legs and my hips. They have torn me apart. I can barely make it to my door without tears rolling down my cheeks from the burning pain.

I pull open the door and look down the hallway, seeking a bathroom to relieve myself. When I find an open door, I hope for the best as I make my way towards it, only to be disappointed when I see it's an empty bedroom.

Turning, I look for another potential room. That's when I hear someone come up behind me and I spin around to see a tall, burly man standing over me. He's tan with intimidating green eyes and a sharp jawline and define cheekbones. His light brown hair lays mused on his head, just an inch long. His shoulders are broad and his chest is puffed. He resembles a typical football player. A typical werewolf.

I step back away from him. "What are you doing?" He questions, arching an eyebrow. I eye him, wondering if he means me harm. His arms hang lazily by his side, he is calm and at ease, showing no sign of attack.

"I'm looking for the ladies room." I say in a small, mouse-like voice. He nods to a door behind me.

"It's right across from your room." Without another though, I turn to head towards the bathroom, forgetting about the man behind me. "You're hurt." It isn't a question. I ignore him as I close the door in his face. I avoid looking in the mirror to see how awful I look and hurry to relieve myself.

Awful isn't enough to express how I actually look. I am a travesty. I am a wreck. I look like I walked through World War Two and went through a wood chipper. My face is puffy from crying, my right eye black with bruising. The large scar that stretches diagonally across my face is evident and ugly. My hair is a knotty, tangled mess. I don't know where to begin to fix my hair. I lift up my shirt and wince at the purple and blue stomach. I turn to see the matching back and spine.

I hate this. Why do I have to stay here and suffer through this? I feel like death, I'm living with the Colorado pack and their horrible Alpha, and my entire family is dead. Why is the Moon Goddess punishing me? Why must I stay when everyone I love is gone?

I turn to leave the bathroom to go back to the bedroom and sleep, but my plan is cut short when I come face to face with the man leaning against the wall across from me. I freeze with fear as I stare at the man that was in my room just a few hours ago. I can tell by the way he looks at me, by the way he holds himself and the dominance that radiates off of him that he is the Alpha. The cruel, beast of an Alpha.

"How are you faring?" He asks, his voice monotone and deep as he stares at me with beautiful green eyes. He takes a step towards me and I retreat a step back.

"F-fine." I stutter, keeping my eyes on him, preparing to flee if he moves to attack me.

"You are going to live here from now on. Your family is dead, so there is no reason for you to fight. Being my mate, you will move into my room and I expect you to be prepared to please me every night, and every morning. Understood?" I feel my mouth fall open in shock from his words. What did he just say?

"M-mate?" I question. He arches an eyebrow and nods his head.

"Hasn't your wolf told you?"

"She's gone." I tell him, watching as he looks utterly bored with what it is I told him. He doesn't care what I say...

"Hmmm. Too bad. Dinner is downstairs and then we will go to bed together." He turns and leaves me standing there. He does that. He leaves me, not allowing me to get a word out to defend myself.

I shake my head and let out a sigh. Dinner with Samuel Blackwood.... This should be interesting.

I know it's short, but it's a filler chapter and I'm sorry! Hopefully there will be another update soon!