I'm Lana Wright: Chapter 13

Lana's POV.

I open the door and gasp. I still can't believe I'm here!

I'm in Timmy's Music store! AKA Zayn's workplace.

Now that I see it, it's actually a music store and an Art store in one building.

A short chubby girl of about twenty one or so walks over to me. She's wearing over sized glasses and too much red lipstick.

"How can I help you?" She says and I let out a fake smile.

"I'm here to see Zayn" I say and she smiles

"Arthur's at the back, just turn to the left when you walk down that aisle."

I mutter a 'thanks' and start walking. This place is packed with music sheets,albums,musical instruments. The music store is at the left,while the art store at the right.

The workers are all wearing a red polo which says 'Timmy's'. All workers are assigned to a special booth. Its just like different stores inside one big store.

I finally spot Zayn.

He's arranging tracks on a big shelf and by the looks of it, he's arranging them alphabetically.

He doesn't seem to notice me because he has headphones on and he's back is towards me.

I clear my throat but he doesn't move a muscle. I hit the table once. Still no sign of hearing me.

I go in front of me and he rolls his eyes.

He is mad at me!

"What are you doing here?" He yells slightly but I guess its due to having the headphones on. He doesn't even make eye contact with me.

I try to smile but he doesn't even care. What do I say?

"I - I came to say hi?" I say awkwardly and I wish I could take that back because he frowns and takes off the headphones.

"You came to say 'hi'?" I nod my head. He looks away and continues stacking the shelf.

"Can I help?"

"Can -" he frowns "Its half past four. You know what that means?" He asks. I clearly do not know what he's trying to say.

I shake my head and he sighs.

"That means I'm working. My shifts gonna be over by 9 so if you still wanna say 'hi', you could wait over there until I'm done"

"You're just tryna send me away. Its cool. Look, I know you're mad at me for reasons unknown but, I'm sorry, Ok?" He doesn't say a word he just continues stacking the shelf.

I sigh then continue " I know you got slightly upset when I said I wouldn't be able to hang out with you guys because - " he cuts me off

"I'm not mad at you. Nice knowing you can say sorry though" he chuckles and it feels like a heavy metal just left my chest.

"So can I help you now?" He nods and bends down to bring out a carton filled with tracks. "You're gonna have to go around to file this. A-Z" he says and I carry it nonchalantly to the back of the shelf.

I start arranging. The first music is Again by Reso Beets. He looks so focused. So serious. His eyes scrutinizing every track like its a million dollar. I watch as his muscle bulges at each lift, he licks his lip ring and sighs.

"Are you done with yours?" He asks and I shake my head. Before I could say 'zap' he's already beside me arranging tracks.

After five or six minutes of silence and just the sound of tracks hitting the shelf,he clears his throat.