Prologue

Aubrey's POV

"Aubrey!" that's my friend, Jeannie.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrow and look at her with disgust. I don't know why but I really hate it when she calls me like I'm miles away from her!

"Tomorrow is Haileen's Halloween Party, what's your plan?" She said while scrolling through her Tumblr. "I mean do you have something to wear?" Kinuha nya yung baso sa tabi nya na may juice at ininom.

"No. Thanks for reminding. What about joining me shopping later?" I asked and grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked my inbox. As usual, I received no texts from no one. I wait for her to answer but I don't know what makes her busy sliding her thumbs on her tablet. I don't even know if she heard me.

I rolled my eyes and asked her again. "Wanna join me shopping?" "Ay. Sorry." She apologized for her dumbness. "You don't have to go to the mall to shop. Duhh.. That's what internet is made for." She continued. I think she was talking about those apps and sites that sells things online. Maybe I'll try it. Just now because I forgot about the party.

Umayos ako ng upo at ininom ang baso ng juice na nasa tabi ko.

~

THE NIGHT OF THE PARTY

~

"Hey! Vampire." He said and sit next to me. Good to know na napansin nya yung vampire costume ko. "Ethan!" I said and hug him. He kissed me, french kiss and took the wine glass from my hand. "Mabaho yan sa hininga." He said sarcastically and put the glass away. He kissed me again. I can feel his hands softly strolling through my body. I stopped him.

"Why?" I could see the lust in his eyes. "I-I just realize, you're not my boyfriend. What's the point letting you have me every night you want?" I want him to ask me to be his girlfriend. I love him, for almost a year and with us being like this, I think he loves me back. I heard him laugh a little and looked at me with smirk on his face. "Listen, Aubrey. I don't feel the same way, we're just friends." He said. Those words from him made me feel like something is squeezing my heart. I feel that's something is trapped inside my neck. I want to cry.

"Don't you like me? I'm pretty, hot and gorgeous." Nang gigilid na yung mga luha 'ko pero ayokong umiyak. I felt the girls next to our table is listening. "Yes, babe. You're almost perfect. But there's something on Hanna, that makes me think she's better than you." Umalis na sya at narinig kong nagbubulungan yung mga babaeng nakikinig kanina.

"Yeah. What's the use of her beauty, kung hindi sya kasing bait ni Hanna?" Sabi nung babae. Nakatingin silang dalawa sakin, as if na nandidiri sila. Tumakbo ako papuntang comfort room. Nilock ko yung pinto, at ngumalngal ako dun hanggang sa matapos yung party.

Author's note : Don't forget to vote and comment.