"Well you at least tolerated each other."

"Only because of Lexy." Sweetpea said. "And now I understand why."

He thought back to a few hours earlier, immediately resisting the urge to slam Reggie's head into the car door.

"She's not breathing..." Archie whispered, but the two boys heard him loud and clear.

The red headed boy shook his sister a few times to make sure she wasn't conscious. Her skin was ice cold and turning a blue colour. He looked at Reggie and Sweetpea from over his shoulder. Reggie was on the brink of tears and Sweetpea's eyes were glued on the dying girl in front of him.

"CPR! She needs CPR." He then said.

"Uhhh o-okay." Archie said. He tried to do compressions but he was now shaking. A mix of fear and being freezing after saving his sister from the cold water.

"Nevermind. Just tell me what to do- Wait! Reggie, you know CPR. You do it!" Sweetpea suggested.

"What makes you think I know CPR?" He asked.

"You told me you had to learn it being football captain and all."

Reggie hesitated. But all it took was one look at Lexy slowly turning more and more blue and he sprung into action. He started doing compressions on her chest, two per second. Sweetpea called 911 and asked for an ambulance while he watched. After doing about thirty compressions Reggie stopped.

"What are you doing man? Keep going!" Sweetpea urged.

"I..."

The next step was mouth to mouth. But something didn't feel right about it.

"Reggie keep going! You can't just stop!"

It was just rescue breaths. It wasn't like he was kissing her. But with Sweetpea over his shoulder he felt like he was... breaking some unspoken rule. And he never imagined this to be the first time he-

"She's dying, Mantle! What the hell is wrong with you!?" Sweetpea pulled him up and shook him by the collar of his letterman jacket.

"I can't do it!" Reggie shoved him off.

"You have first aid training asshole!"

"Will somebody please just help my sister!?" Archie screamed to break up their fight.

Sweetpea glared at Reggie before pushing him back onto the ground next to an unconscious Lexy. "Just keep going!"

Reggie was growing extremely frustrated. Sweetpea didn't understand the situation he was in. He never would. Because Lexy loved him back, and he knew that.

"I can't do this-"

Why was Reggie refusing to help? If they all sat around and did nothing while they waited for the ambulance she could die right in front of their eyes. Sweetpea ran a hand through his hair.

"I can't loose her! I'm in love with her-" He started.

"I'm in love with her too!" Reggie exclaimed as he stood up.

Both Sweetpea and Archie were speechless and Reggie immediately regretted say anything at all. Why did he always have to lose his temper?

Archie's mouth hung open. Sweetpea's omce concerned eyes were now colder than Sweetwater River. He stalked towards the bulldog with his jaw clenched. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he had a feeling his fist was about to tell him.

Lexy Andrewsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें