twenty-three

𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝

reese has done a lot in the week that ward was dumb enough to let her move in. she figured out where all of the gold was which was not hard at all considering he left most of his office stuff out. she had been in contact with the crew and john b. she talked to them every night when she could.

they helped her out and gave her pointers of what to look for which let me tell you was a pain in the ass sometimes. they had finally began to go somewhere with freeing john b and getting justice for her father. meanwhile john b was in the caribbean's hoping to not be found living off of one gold bar with sarah cameron.

the world had gone mad. to think that in the beginning of summer, all of them were single and just looking to have a fun summer that maybe had a bit of illegal action involved. nothing like this. right now reese was putting her life in danger by staying with ward and everyone knew it. especially jj.

he called her and texted the most to make sure she was okay. he knew that she was in a very gullible spot right now and anyone of them could take advantage of her. he knew that if she didn't answer without telling him he would have to go to that house with his gun. luckily nothing had happened. yet....

reeses pov

"no jj i'm fine okay i have to go before i look suspicious. i promise i'll be done soon okay probably by tomorrow i just need one more thing." i told him before i walked into wards office. ward wasn't home right now and with rafe no where in site it was perfect timing to sneak into his office.

i knew where the gold was and texted it to the crew just in case, but all i needed now was evidence that john b was framed, and evidence that ward cameron killed my father. i know it had to be in this damned office. there must be somewhere i can't see.

think reese. think. where would you keep your personal belongings that meant jail or not if you were a wealthy white man? THINK. i got it. a SAFE. problem is i don't know where the hell the safe is. i was looking through the room by the books when all of a sudden i found it. great now i just need the code.

after looking around for god knows how long i found a sheet that might have a code on it. i put it in and low and behold i open it to see a gun. i took a picture of it with my phone and went to leave the office when i heard footsteps. shit. i quickly shut it and ran out of the office into my room. i texted the picture of it the the group and hid my phone really fast.

just then ward walked in. "hey mr. ward. how'd the hunt go today? find my asshole brother yet?" i asked him and he smiled at me. "actually we did." he said and my stomach felt uneasy. "oh did you?" i asked and he nodded looking at my bag and at me. "come with me." he said and held a hand out for me to leave the room. we walked downstairs and i heard more footsteps around the kitchen.

we walked in and i saw before me an entire police force and spies. just countless people sitting around and looking at me. "yeah actually we have you to thank for finding him. i know you've been texting him over and over." he said pulling my phone out. when the hell did he even get that? i bet the bastard took it when i left my room, but he only took like 2 seconds.

"actually if that was the case then you would all know that i found the weapon used to murder peterkins in his safe upstairs." i said to everyone and they all went silent evidently shocked by what i had said. "you guys she is lying are you kidding? who do you believe? a 15 year old girl who is the brother of a murderer or me a trusting dependable man who has never done anything wrong?" he asked nervously laughing and they all looked from him to me.

"where is it?" they asked me and i smiled. "it's in the game room." i said and could tell that ward let a sigh of relief out. "you guys she's delusional come on let's check the game room shall we?" he asked leading the way for everyone. while they did that i quickly got a sharpie and wrote on the walls where it actually was.

you see i was going to just write it on paper, but i'm sure he could steal that somehow. i then ran out of the house and ran down the road. i ran for what seemed like miles and miles until i got to kie's house. i quickly knocked and her mom opened it. "oh hey sweetie how are you?" she asked with a sad look on her face. "i'm doing better everyday is kie here?" i asked looking around.

"yeah she's in her room." she said and i shoved past her running up the stairs. "thank you i just need to talk to her real quick." i said running into her room. everyone was in there sitting around. they all looked at the door when i burst in. "reese?" jj questioned and i looked at them. "i got him." i said and they all sat there in shock. "i got him. i found the gun and told the police where it was. all we need to do now is go get the gold. whose in with me?" i asked and everyone got up and hugged me.

"pogue style?" kie asked. "pogue style." i said and jj kissed me. he pulled me off to the side and hugged me really tight. "never leave me like that again." he said continuing to kiss me on the cheek. "i can't make any promises." i said smiling and he hugged me. we then walked out to kies car and drove off to the location of the gold.

we were taking back what's ours. what my dad worked for. and we were damn sure saving and freeing john b.