ten

𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕥

the gang was all back at the château and reese was more worried than she would like to admit about the package. she understood why john b wanted to keep it from her. he himself was worried, but needed to know that their father was still out there.

they all gathered around the table except for jj who was making a sandwich. "that bread had mold on it three days ago." pope told him. "ehh i'll just pick around the bad parts besides mold is good for you it's like a natural -organism." he said and walked over about to sit by reese.

he took a bite of the sander immediately spitting it out and pope said i told you so. they all sat and opened the package.they first pulled out a map with coordinates to the royal merchant. then they pulled out a tape recorder and looked at it. john b pressed play and they listened to it.

through the tape it talked about how while he might not have been the best father, he found the royal merchant and now would hopefully be able to provide more for his family. he had said they either found this living in the caribbean's off of stocks, or they found it for less than optimale reasons.

he also added to the end, "i love y'all so much and i know i never really told you that bird, but reeses you can finally go off to college like you always wanted to and i can pay for every last penny." the tape then ended. reese sat there in shock while john b got up and walked by the porch crying.

reese's pov

"holy shit he did it big john found the merchant." jj said and i was still just sitting in shock. "can you please not." kei said going and hugging john b. you know those moments where you're in such shock you can't do anything like not even cry or even breathe?

that's how i felt right now he'll i couldn't even move. they all sat outside around a campfire and i was still in the living room at the table holding the recorder. pope walked in and sat by me. "are you okay?" he asked and i nodded finally breaking out of my shocked state. "yeah yeah i'm good. thank you pope." i said to him.

"are you sure? we can talk if you want. i'm sure it hard—" he started. "yeah i think- i just need to be alone to kinda process it you know? thank you though. i'm going on a run." i said standing up. "okay i'm here if you need me." he said and i thanked him again walking out.

as soon as i started running i was crying. i hated you cry in front of people if i could help it. everyone always already thought of me as a baby i didn't need to give them another reason. i ran to the pond my dad and i always came to and i sat down crying more.

"why dad? why'd you leave us? w-we needed you— i needed you." i said throwing rocks in the water. "and then you barley say anything except that we'll have money for college i don't care about college. i just want you back please- please come back i-i love you." i said laying down and continuing to cry.

"reese?" i heard someone say. i turned and say jj and tried to wipe away my tears. "jj i just- i really want to be alone right now." i said as he sat beside me. he didn't listen he just hugged me. i cried into his shirt. "it's okay reeses i know how close y'all were." he said stroking my back.

"i don't care about the money or whatever i just want him here. i want my dad back." i said crying even more. "i know you do." he whispers leaning his head on top of mine. after a while like that i pulled away and finally stopped crying.

"i'm really sorry jj that's insensitive of me to say." i said to hip whipping my face off. "no it's not reese are you kidding? you were close with your dad and he disappeared you have every right to be upset." he said looking down at me. "i know i just know you aren't close with your dad and-" he cut me off.

"just because i'm not close with mine doesn't mean you can't be upset or close with yours." he said as he stood up. he held out his hand and i grabbed it as he pulled me up. we walked back to the house and when i got back i went to john b and hugged him.

i made jj explain the royal merchant and i found out it was a ship with a ton of gold on it and was worth 400 million. "john b go find that gold." i said while still hugging him. "we'll find it together. you were right earlier it's your dad too okay." he said and we just looked off outside.

i finally went to my room to go to bed and i say jj already laying there. i smiled at him going to my side of the bed and laying down. he immediately started messing with me and got on top of me wrestling with me. he stopped and looked down at me. holy fuck is he going to kiss me?

he then rolled off of me really fast and i was kind of hurt. "fuck me." i whisper to myself. "what?" he asked smirking. "f- nothing i was talking to myself." i said really fast turning off the light. i acted like i fell asleep, but i sat there thinking about my dad and about jj almost kissing me. i'm getting whiplash from his mixed signals.

the next day i didn't really do much. i worked with kei while john b went off on his own trying to figure out the map. jj and pope were helping mr. heyward out. we all were going to meet up at the movies later so at least i have that to look forward to.

as kei and i worked for a bit the kooks came in. oh god. they were so stuck up i couldn't teven handle it. "hey how can i help you?" i asked politely walking up to their table. "oh you can help me in more way than one." rafe said looking me up and down. i immediately walked away and made someone else get their orders.

the rest of the day i worked and when we got done at around 6 we went back to keis house that was very nice. we went inside and she gave me clothes to wear to the movies. "kei i have a question." i said. "okay what?" she asked me "okay so i guess it isn't a secret i had a crush on jj. how do i get over it?" i asked her.

"you just need to find someone else i guess i don't really know." she said as we went out to her car. "well how do i do that? and i feel like he's tried to kiss me a few times, but i don't know." i said to her. "well maybe he likes you." "fuck me kei that doesn't help. i doubt he does he already told me once he could never like me like that." i said to her.

"well he never likes anyone like that so maybe he's worried about you because you're a pogue and not only that but john b's little sister as well. that's like double forbidden although the no macking rules basically over." she said and continued. "don't worry your brother and i aren't a thing he just kissed me once and i told him no." she said and i smiled at her.

"i wouldn't be mad if y'all were ever a thing. i love you like family." i said to her as we pulled up to popes house. they got in and i turned smiling at them. "he-" i stopped my smile dropped immediately when i saw popes face. "pope what the hell are you okay?" i asked him worried. "yeah i'm fine just got in a small fight." he said smiling.

"well i hope to god the other guy looks worse right now." i said and jj smirked. "he looks pretty bad alright." he said and i gave a confused look before sighing. "i hope y'all didn't do something stupid." i said turning around to face outside again.

they make my life so much more eventful i swear it'd be boring without them.