Chapter 9: Fighting Amongst Friends

Mako's family moved up to the Two-Star district after a few more days of fighting. (Y/N) was still nowhere to be seen. The family now owned a large mansion. Ryuko and the Mankanshokus besides Mako, were all sitting at a huge dining room table. The family that was once lovably hyperactive were now tame and cold.

Mataro: Ugh, French cuisine again?

Sukuyo: Oh you're going out, dear?

Barazo: Yes, I have a Medical Association meeting.

Sukuyo: Oh, I see. Would it be alright if I bought that diamond necklace I showed you the other day?

Barazo: Sure. I like that necklace. It looks wonderful on you.

He left, leaving only Mataro, Sukuyo and Ryuko.

Mataro: I was invited to a buddy's birthday party.

Sukuyo: I'm heading out too. Enjoy your dinner Ryuko.

Ryuko: Oh, sure.

Mataro and Sukuyo left Ryuko. Seconds later Mako came in looking like a full on business woman. She too was cold and lifeless.

Mako: I'm sorry, the Club Presidents Council meeting ran late. Huh? Where is everyone?

Ryuko: I guess they're busy doing their own thing.

Mako: I see. Okay then, when you're done, head to weight training in the training room. You have a big fight in a few days. You will be fighting (Y/N).

Ryuko: What?!

Mako: If you beat (Y/N) we can get up to three stars. But before that we have a tight schedule tomorrow and the day after that. I'm gonna go to bed, okay?

Ryuko: Sure.

Mako left Ryuko by herself.

Ryuko: Fight (Y/N)? That's insane. I can't do that or win.

Ryuko: *Sigh* Where are you?

Suddenly a kunai hit the table in front of her with a note and a piece of paper attached to it. She looked around but couldn't find the person who threw it. She grabbed the note and read it.

"Ryuko, you know what you have to do. -(Y/N)"

(Timeskip)

Days passed and it was finally time for Ryuko to fight (Y/N). He was standing on one side of the courtyard with his hood up. Plenty of people were sitting in the stands in anticipation for the big fight.

Mako: The day when we finally face (Y/N) is here at last! If we win this, we will have all the honor and luxury of a Three-Star! We will be filthy stinking rich!

As Mako began laughing, Ryuko walked up to her and handed her an envelope.

Mako: What is this?

Ryuko: My letter of resignation from the club.

Mako: Huh? What are you saying!?

(Y/N): She's saying that she's quitting this madness. You should too.

Mako: You can't quit! If you quit now then we'll be sent back to the slums!

Ryuko: I'm okay with that.

Mako: I'm not! I'm never going back there!

A large container suddenly dropped behind Mako. Satsuki stepped forward from her tower.

Satsuki: Fight Club President Mako Mankanshoku! Your Two-Star Goku Uniform is inside that wardrobe!

Mako: My uniform?