Chapter V - Titerous

Start from the beginning

My brows pull slightly with my confusion. "Okay..."

He finally looks up to me, and there's something in his eyes that I find unusual. "There's a lot that you don't know, my love. And obviously that's not your fault, but it won't be an easy listen."

"This isn't making me feel any better, Ambrose."

After a brief pause, he inhales sharply with a flurry of blinks. "You're right, I'm sorry."

My chest squeezes as his eyes fall again. I don't know why, but I feel a need to trace my finger over his lips. When I do he smiles lightly, and that in return brings a smile to my face, even if only little. "I think we both need a distraction."

He lightly wets the end of my index finger with his lips, but I can't tell if the gesture is innocent or not. "I think I've got a few ideas."

"Would you maybe care to elaborate?" I ask with slightly pursed lips; expectant.

"Uh-huh," he wets my finger again in the same manner, "tell me you love me."

For some daft reason my stomach flutters, but I'm not slow on his request. Not at all. "I love you."

He sits forward enough to wrap his arms around me, but leans back against the headboard to take me with him. My breasts press against his front, as does my stomach eventually, and I'd honestly much prefer it if his t-shirt were off. As he sits back, he presses a hard kiss to my lips - nothing particularly demanding thanks to the way he smiles brilliantly with it, but I do have my hands with a gentle hold on his face as I too smile.

"Say it again." He murmurs into me, turning a kiss into the corner of my lips.

"I love you." I repeat, kissing him firmly again.

"One more time?"

I giggle helplessly, stealing his lips for a brief interlude. "I love you."

"You do?"

My laughter comes a little harder this time, but I'm still refusing to remove my lips from his. "I do. I've loved you in a number of different ways since that very first day in the woods nearly eight-hundred years ago, but right now, I love you in the most selfish of ways. I want you to be mine, for me to love, forever."

"Mage, I've been yours to love since day one." He assures me, and his hands have begun roaming my back. "You have me forever, I promise."

I smile at him, pressing a kiss to his lips - this time a little longer and a little firmer. He reciprocates easily, holding me tightly to him. "Being able to say 'I love you' means more to me than the ability to breathe." I confess breathily against his lips. "My life in this world would have been nothing without you."

He kisses me again, fervently and with an obvious desire. He's careful but desperate, both with his kisses and with his hands. He roams my body in almost every single way but one - his hands on my skin and his tongue in my mouth. It's hot in the room, not helped by the heating for this late hour, and certainly not by my recent shower. But I also quite like it. His hands feel somewhat cool against my back, yet his fingertips leave traces of fire wherever they move.

My hands faff to find the hem of his t-shirt, which seems to have got lost underneath my thighs. I'm sure Harry isn't complaining. I impatiently fist a bunch of fabric into my hands and yank it upwards, and I half expect a laugh from Harry, but I never get one. Once he's out of his top I discard it immediately to his side of the bed, wasting no further time without having my lips stuck to his.

Harry leans forward, now skin to skin at the chest as he attempts to pull his shorts down. He's warm; unusually. He prefers the cool but his skin is flush to the touch, and I don't know whether it's on purpose or not. I cling to him though, because it's a comfort. I raise my bum just a little so that he can finally free himself, and again he rather seems more determined than amused. I'm not complaining.