Chapter 30: You always have a choice!!

Start from the beginning

"There is one more thing I wanted to talk about." Amelia said gaining everyone's attention.

"What is it?" Daniel asked in a curious tone.

"I need protection. I mean till this entire issue is solved and the judgement is passed, I want to be safe. Once the court case is done, I will leave this city and start my own life. Please, could you please do me this favour?" Amelia asked in a hopeful tone looking at Christopher, Daniel and Ryan. Daniel nodded his head in 'yes' and agreed in keeping her safe till the judgement is done. It was an obvious protocol the lawyers do in order to keep the witnesses safe in criminal cases. So, it was not a new thing to Daniel.

************************************************************************

** COURT ROOM **

"Please note this point your honour! As per Ms. Johnson's statement, Mr. Johnson was the one who framed Ms. Ferguson just because he wanted to fulfil his revenge on Mr. Fox. Isn't it Mr. Johnson?" Daniel asked while crossing his arms and looking at Mr. Johnson who was standing in the accused box.

Yes, as decided Christopher had filed a case against him and as expected he used his influence and got the bail. But, when justice is concerned, no influence plays a role. The only thing that works is truth! Christopher, Aria and the others were sitting in the audience while Amelia was standing in the witness box. Daniel was dealing the case against him and was almost at the verge of winning.

When the police had arrested Mr. Johnson, he was totally taken a back because according to him no one knew about it other than him and Mathew. Mathew was always with him so, he knew it wasn't him. But when he came to know that Amelia was a part of this, he was extremely angry but couldn't do anything as Daniel had already taken her protection aspect as a prime concern.

"No! It's all lies!! My Lord, this lawyer is trying to put the blame on me. I don't even know that girl." Mr. Johnson said while nodding his head in 'no' and trying to make his point but nothing worked.

"Oh is that so? Why would your own daughter lie then?" Daniel asked in a sarcastic tone while clutching the edge of the accused box. Mr. Johnson shot daggers at Daniel and said while gritting his teeth, "Maybe she lost all her senses when she broke up with her fiancé Mr. Fox!! I have no idea why she got me involved in something which I haven't done."

"OBJECTION MY LORD!!" The lawyer from Mr. Johnson's side rose up saying, "My Lord, Mr. Sanders is only accusing my client, Mr. Johnson, just taking Ms. Johnson's words into consideration. If he is sure of this, then why doesn't he give us a proof stating that Mr. Johnson indeed had a hand in framing Ms. Ferguson?" This lawyer was nothing like Victor. He worked only on proofs and was ready to accept a failure. He was a firm believer of truth is something that stays with you always.

"OBJECTION SUSTAINED!!" The judge agreed with Mr. Johnson's lawyer because, a judgement cannot be passed just hearing someone saying things. There should always be a good proof to support their words.

"Mr. Sanders, do you have any proof to prove that Mr. Johnson is indeed involved in framing Ms. Ferguson?" The judge asked looking at Daniel keenly while he simply nodded his head in 'yes' saying "Yes My Lord! I have the proof and I would like to show it to the court with your permission."

"PERMISSION GRANTED!!"

"Thank you My Lord!"

** A few minutes later **

"My Lord, this is the certified document stating that the video shared here is original and 100% authentic." Daniel said while giving the document to the judge who checked it from his end too.