Chapter 14 Attack on Preston

~Ty's P.O.V~

I sat and watched Libby train. Unlike most newborns, she didn't have much taste for human blood. She was calm and in control.

I noticed Clara inside, watching out the window. I knew like with the others, Jerome had fallen in love with her. I couldn't blame him, she was quite beautiful.

Suddenly, I felt the Earth shake below us. Libby looked at me, wide eyed. She wasn't doing this. If it wasn't her, who was it?

Preston rushed over to Libby's side. He seemed alert, like he knew what was going on. If he knew, why wasn't he doing anything?

The ground underneath the two broke open and collapsed. Only Preston fell, as Libby used her air powers to keep her from falling.

"Preston!" She shouted. She peered down in the hole.

I rushed to her side and looked down. The hole was huge and deep. You couldn't even see all the way down it.

~Preston's P.O.V~

I fell down a long hole. Almost immediately, I knew who it belonged to.

"Well, well, we'll." A voice said. Shivers went up and down my spine.

"Jocelyn." I hissed, gritting my teeth.

"Preston." She purred. Her tone of voice sickened me.

"What do you want?" I snarled, glaring at her.

"Libby is alive, I see." She smirked.

"Of course she is! She is too important to lose!" I gritted my teeth in anger. I wanted to knock this bitch out, maybe even kill her. It's her fault Libby is a Vampire.

"But you aren't." She smirked. She dug her nails into my chest, gripping my heart. I gasped in pain, staring her down with pained eyes.

"I'm going to drag this out." She smirked, releasing my heart and pulling out her hand.

She extended her already too sharp nails and raked them down my arms, dragging skin from bone and drawing mass amounts of blood. I bit my lip, refusing to scream.

She would not win.

~Clara's P.O.V.~

I rushed outside with Jerome and the others. There was a large gaping hole in the ground.

"Preston is down there!" Libby mumbled, looking pained.

"We'll get him." Ty reassured her. He looked at Adam, Jerome, Mitch, Tyler, and Jason. They all nodded and jumped down the hole together.

"I'm going, too!" Libby began.

"You need to stay back, it's too dangerous." Caitlin warned her.

"Come on back, help me set up shop for when they bring him back." Quentin told her. She shook her head and jumped down the hole.

I could only watch.

~Libby~

I used my air powers to levitate me down. Once I had landed, my blue eyes immediately glared at Jocelyn.

"Libby, run!" Adam shouted. I dared a glance at him, seeing him trying to help a nearly, literally broken Preston.

His arms, legs, and torso were torn completely. Chunks of his hair were ripped from the skull, leaving bloody patches. Bones were exposed and the wounds were already infected.

I turned to Jocelyn, throwing a rock at her. She managed to dodge it, but the next one caught her off guard.

She flew into the wall, pinned between a rock and a hard place. I threw fireballs at her, burning her skin.

She cried out on pain. "Bitch!"

"Goodbye, Jocelyn." I snarled. I grabbed her heart after removing the rock and ripped it from her chest.

Her lump body fell dead to the cave floor immediately.

I rushed to Preston's side as I dropped the heart. Jason looked at me in tears.

"He's dead." Mitch whispered.

I always knew Vampires could die, but I didn't know how. At least Jocelyn was dead, too, and Preston was avenged.

I kissed Preston's forehead before looking to the others. "Let's go."

~~~

We buried his body and gave him as proper of a funeral as we could. Ty held me the entire time, trying to comfort me. It wasn't much, but it was something.