Tanjiro seemed surprised from this request. Personally, Y/n didn't want Nezuko to leave. He wanted her to stay. But, he wasn't her brother, so he decided it would be best to not intervene. He watched as Tanjiro's face expression changed based on what he was thinking. Was he really considering it? As if Nezuko could sense that he needed it, she grabbed her brothers hand, along with Y/n's. Sudden realisation clicked in his brain as he gripped her hand and turned to the Lady. "Thank you for the offer, but we will continue our path together. We won't be separated!"

Y/n grinned widely and gave a happy giggle. Nezuko closed her eyes approvingly. 

"I understand. I wish you the best of luck on your battles. Good bye. We will leave soon, Yushiro" Lady Tamayo waved goodbye and started walking away. 

"The box" Tanjiro reminded and watched as Y/n scurry around, trying to find the box. 

"Tanjiro" Yushiro interrupted, making everyones attention turn to him. "Your sister is a great beauty" He stated and continued to walk away. Tanjiro smiled his wholesome, soul-warming smile, which made Y/n get all fuzzy inside. He couldn't help but smile too. 

--time skip because yeah--

"South south east! South south east!" the crow screamed into their ears. Y/n was getting more than irritated, and Tanjiro was too. 

"Oh, would you shut UP!" Y/n screamed and grabbed the crow by the beak to FINALLY get some peace and quiet, which they did. The crow was grumbling under its breath offendedly and finally started to piss off. "Stupid crow!" he yelled after it, flipping it off. 

"Y/n, please calm down..." Tanjiro chuckled awkwardly. "On another, less annoying note, thank you for saving me so many times back there. I really appreciate it!" he thanked and grinned gratefully. 

"Aw, shucks" Y/n smiled sheepishly and eyed the ground. "Besides, you'd do the same for me, no?"

"Please marry me!" a boys voice wailed. 

"Oh, a proposal. How sweet" Y/n muttered and turned to the commotion

"Please, Im begging you!"

"Eh, not so much..." Tanjiro opposed and pointed at a blonde kid that was clinging to a girl as if he would die if he ever let go. 

"I don't know when I'll die! So please, Im begging you!" a blonde kid whimpered, tears streaming down his cheeks as if he were 5 years old. As Tanjiro gently spoke to a little sparrow that had hopped up to him, Y/n grabbed the blondie by the haori. 

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing?! Harassing a poor woman like that!" Y/n barked at him. The boy blinked at him before screaming at him. 

"You're that brave one! You saved me during final selection!" He screeched. 

"Hah?!" Y/n thought to himself before recognising him. He yelped and let go, allowing him to fall to the ground. 

"And you too! You're also from final selection!" Zenitsu pointed at Tanjiro, who immediately looked offended. 

"I definitely don't know a guy like you! Definitely not!" Tanjiro argued. 

"We have though! We've met before!" 

"You have memory issues!" Y/n butted into the conversation. 

"Don't interrupt me! This girl likes me, and Im busy proposing to her!" Zenitsu snapped. 

"When did I ever say I liked you?! I only talked to you because I thought you were sick!" The girl countered. 

"So... you didn't talk to me... because you were worried about me and you liked me?" Zenitsu asked rather dumbly. 

"Of course not! I have a fiancé!" the girl barked and started walking off.