Chapter Thirty-Four.

Start from the beginning

"So, do you guys want me to cover you in baby oil, or chocolate sauce?" I said, leaning against the door frame, drawing their attention to me, causing them both to jump to their feet.

"He started it." They both said in unison, while pointing at each other.

"No, he started it." They said again, in unison.

"Dude. Stop copying me." Again, in unison.

"Dude." I shouted, causing them to look at me again.
"Both of you, in the car." I said, while moving away from the door, and pointing into the hall.

Charlie quickly lifted his keyboard, and both boys walked by me with their heads down. I followed behind them, through the hall, and out of my house. After I locked the door behind us, we all climbed into my car, and buckled in, I connected my phone to the speakers and hit play on my Pink, Just like fire. I pulled out of my driveway, and started towards Josie's house, as the song played.

"We came here to run it, run it, run it. We came here to run it, run it, run it." I sang loudly, making Charlie and Eli laugh, before they joined in.

"Just like fire, burning up the way, if I can light the world up for just one day. Watch this madness, colourful charade, no one can be just like me any way." The three of us sang loudly, with the windows rolled down.

The three of us continued to sing along to any song that came on, some sad, some happy. Occasionally, Eli would sing a love song dramatically towards Charlie, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear they were about to kiss.
It was just after sing when we arrived at Josie's house, and as always, we let ourselves in. The three of us said our hello's to David and Samantha, before making our way down to the basement, to see Josie, Adam, and Lydia, spread out around the seats. Lydia was sitting on the two-person sofa, Josie was on the love-seat, and Adam was on one of the beanbags. Charlie sat on the other beanbag, beside Adam, while Eli walked straight over to Josie, as she jumped up quickly and wrapped her arms around his neck. Eli wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting off the ground slightly, as she giggled like a 5-year-old. I had never seen her that happy, because of a boy, before.

"Okay, okay. Stop the love fest." I said, dropping onto the sofa beside Lydia.

"Don't be bitter." Lydia said, watching as Josie and Eli cuddled up on the love-seat.

"They are pretty cute together." I said, taking out my phone and snapping a picture of the two of them. Eli was holding Josie's hands lightly, while she had her legs thrown over his lap. He was looking at her as if she had an entire galaxy in her eyes.

I sent the photo to the both of them, just as Lexi and Alex arrived, and took their place on the bigger sofa across from me and Lydia, after another five-minutes, we heard the doorbell ring.

"James and Austin still aren't comfortable just walking in, are they?" Josie asked, looking around at us all. We all shook our heads and laughed, as the King boys descended the stairs into the basement.
"Seriously, you two, you don't have to knock. You can just walk in." Josie said, looking at them.

Austin took a seat between Alex and Lexi, and took Alex's hand in his, while Lexi threw her legs over both of them and James took a seat on the floor in front of me and Lydia

"Give us time, we'll get there." Austin said with a laugh.

I looked down at James, to find that he was already looking at me with a bright smile, I poked my tongue out at him, causing him to laugh.

"Okay, Charlie, Cary. What did you come up with?" Josie said, lying back against Eli's chest.

"Oh yeah, we have an original song, then we have our version of Taylor swifts Wildest dreams." Charlie said, lifting his keyboard.
"Which one first?"