27. Manik's Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

"Bhai, you didn't have a girlfriend till yesterday. When did she become your girlfriend?", asked the younger boy. He was outraged and was shooting daggers at the girl.

Nandini felt the whole ordeal hilarious as the overprotective younger brother tried to protect his innocent brother.

"I have proposed to him yesterday which he accepted. Hence, I am his girlfriend now. Cabir, stop being jealous of me", she told and leaned on Manik. The boy smiled awkwardly, trying to maintain a distance between them. "Baby, we don't have privacy here. Let's go somewhere else."

"Baby?", yelled Cabir. "Bhai, I thought I was your baby. I am sorry, I ignored you but I was angry at so many things. I didn't want to reflect that on you. Please, stop this joke now", he blurted.

Of course the baby term. This is getting way more fun. They were just missing the popcorn now, thought Nandini. She was finding it difficult to control her laughter on seeing the miserable puppy dog look on Cabir's face.

"Cabir", started Manik but Soha interrupted him.

"Baby, can we leave now?", she asked.

"Soha, I have classes after this", told Manik. "How can I leave?"

"Bunk?", she suggested.

"No. Why don't you go ahead?"

"Baby, can I go shopping with my friends?"

"Of course, Soha, it's your wish. Why are you asking me?", asked the boy.

"What an ideal girlfriend. Asking permission to go shopping", whispered Mukti in Nandini's ear.

The girl's grin widened on getting 'approval' from her said boyfriend. "Baby, where is your credit card?", she asked.

Ahan, there it is, thought Nandini, the ultimate climax.

"Manik doesn't carry his credit card with him", said Cabir, gritting his teeth.

"Kid, I have it today", he chuckled embarrassedly and removed his wallet to take out the card.

Manik handed the card to Soha but before the girl could get her hands on it, Nandini, who thought it was about time to wrap up the drama, took it out of the boy's hand.

"Ah, not so soon, Soha baby. Why do you need Manik's credit card to go shopping?", asked Nandini, crossing her arms.

"Nandini, it's between Manik and I. I am his girlfriend", she told.

Nandini chuckled. "That doesn't answer my question, baby."

She stomped her foot. "Manik, say something."

"Arey", exclaimed Nandini, "I just asked a simple question and you want your boyfriend to answer it. It's okay, I will ask him again." She turned to Manik. "Manik, if she is your girlfriend, won't you be insulting her by giving her money instead of love?", she asked.

She smirked inwardly when Manik frowned. She could see the gears turning in his head. Really the only way to make the boy learn anything was to provide him with logics which he couldn't counter-argue and wait for him to smarten up. 

"But Nandini, how could I give love? Aren't gifts a medium to show love?", he asked.

Nandini chuckled looking at the girl. "I am damn sure, baby, you defined this to Manik yesterday, right?"

"Nandini, it's none of your business", she said. Nandini could see the fictional fumes coming out of her ears.

She banged her hand on the table, startling Soha. "Ae, don't you Arts girls have any other work than trapping innocent guys? First that Alya and now you. Give a break, dammit." She took a breath before leaning on the table, intimidating her further "You know what? Manik loves books. If you really love him, spend your day with him in the library. Say, do you accept it? A 24 hours date in the library", told Nandini.

The Nerd and The Brat ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara