9. A Dinner with the Oaks

Start from the beginning

Professor Oak who was enjoying a glass of wine spit it out, "What?"

Gary who was feeling very smug, asked innocently, "What is it gramps?"

The good old Professor took the photo, "Gary, where exactly did you take these photos?"

Gary answered innocently making his grandfather grumble, "While playing with Ash of course. I was with him whole day."

Blue Oak, "What's wrong Dad?"

The Professor rubbed his face mumbling to himself, "All these years so many trainers spent their life searching for Mew. And here you are  Gary, taking his pictures so casually. As if, it's a normal day! I don't know whether to shoot myself or to hit my head."

Rosalind Oak, Blue's wife laughed, "No one is shooting anyone. Honestly father ~ No need to be dramatic. This just shows how clever our youngest is. Isn't that right Blue?"

Blue who was eyeing the photo nodded, "Yes, though I think we might have to increase the security."

Gary beamed at his mom's praise. He knew his Gramps would loose it when he showed the photos. Meh! His expression is funny. Gary snickered to himself. Green smirked at his baby brother knowingly.

Green snickered, 'Maybe I should convince Red to bunk school for one day and go with our baby bros instead. Gary has learned more than I did at his age.'

The rest of the night went by filled with questions from the Professor and talks. Blue informed them of the dinner invite Cypress had sent and Gary perked up saying Ash had told him earlier that day. They had called it a night when Gary had left to check on the poke egg, he and Ash had found before going to sleep after wishing his family goodnight.

Flashback end!

Now the two families were about to get together and enjoy dinner. Ash also wondered how the talk would go, he remembered in his last life. People didn't really like others who were different from them. That was saying it lightly in the kindest words. He was honestly worried about it. He had gone over to the Oaks during the following two weeks before the dinner to help Gary take care of the egg. The two of them had gotten together and read through every book in the library on Pokemon egg care.

Professor Oak had been a big help too, he had been proud of both Ash and Gary for finding a future Pokemon partner already. Pichu had puffed up with pride while Gary had smiled and a week after taking care of the egg it had hatched in the evening. Gary and Ash were spending time with their older brothers. And all of them had been surprised when the egg started cracking till the Professor calmed them down. They had welcomed the newest addition, who had turned out to be a baby Eevee very happily. As Ash was thinking about the past few days he heard the bell ring and went to answer it.

Ash, "I'll get it!"

Delia had just finished giving the final touch to the main course, "Red, while your brother is getting the door, please call your Dad."

Red walked to his Dad's office after agreeing, "Sure mom..... Dad, it's time for dinner!"

Cypress smiled looking up from his paper work, "Coming son!"

Ash and Pichu who had joined him when he opened the door, chirped with him, "Welcome Gary, Green, Leaf you made it. Welcome Uncle Blue, Aunt Rosie and Professor Oak. Looking good today!"

Gary who let Eevee go inside to play with Pichu, "We're here ~"

Green laughed ruffling Ash's hair, "Hey kiddo." 

Green laughed at Ash's pout before joining Red at the couch. Red smiled at him giving him one of the gaming consoles and starting the game. They could squeeze a game in before dinner.

Leaf grinned, "I took time off from my journey so yeah I'm here also no way I'm missing out on my ship ~"

Gary looked at his sister with an annoyed look, "You are so weird sis."

Professor Oak laughed, "Well it is a dinner invite!"

Rosalind and Blue smiled warmly at Ash hugging him before joining the other parents in the house. Professor Oak joined them after greetings were done. The two fathers and the Professor spoke about the recent happenings while Leaf joined the two mothers to squeal over the cutest two pairs they loved to ship. They soon moved to the dining room with the feast spread out for them.

Rosalind's eyes sparkled, "Oh Delia, you have out done yourself ~ This looks fantastic!"

Delia smiled, "Why thank you Rosie! Have a seat everyone."

They all sat down together and Cypress said a prayer of gratitude to Arceus before everyone started to eat the delicious dinner. Ash smiled as he and Gary sat together and ate. His Pichu and Gary's Eevee got along well with each other. Red and Green were lost in their own world. Leaf was grinning watching them. He wondered how the talk would go after dinner was over. He could only hope it doesn't change anything between them.

(To be continued.....
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
This became longer than I thought.....
Till next time my lovely readers!)