••☆ Chapter 3: "Bad Side" (Part2) ☆••

Start from the beginning

After she heard him calling, she ignored Dylan and headed outside. She got into their car and left with her boyfriend.

☆••••••○○●○○••••••☆

In the afternoon, Max came after he received a message from Dylan. He found him sulking in the living room. He approached him and joined him on the couch.

"Hey, what happened?" he asked.

"Patricia came here this morning. She asked for a break up." Dylan told him. His tone was heavy and with traces of anger.

"I knew it." he replied.

Dylan furrowed his forehead. "How?"

"Well... during your operation, I and Steve followed her. We found out she's not really doing a photoshoot in Rochester. We also... saw her with another guy. I recorded her while they were at a nightclub. Do you want to hear it?" he asked.

After Dylan heard that, his anger and disappointment grew. "Play it" he said in a firm, but tense voice.

Max took his phone out and played the video.

BF: "How's your skinny, sugar daddy?"

Patricia: "He's going blind." (disgusted)

BF: "Really? That's sucks."

Patricia: "Yeah, I can't babysit him, so I will get rid of him. That's what you want, right?"

BF: "Oh, finally. I've been waiting for you to say that for so long."

Patricia: "You know why I'm doing it. I can never afford a pair of Gucci shoes or an LV bag, so I have to pet a rich guy like him, but I'm still originally yours." (purring)

BF: "That's what I wanna hear."

After Dylan listened, he bowed his head.

"We didn't tell you about it in the hospital because we didn't want to interrupt your recovery." Max told him.

"You're right all along... She really doesn't love me. She's only here for my money... I'm such an idiot." he claimed in a pissed and regretful tone.

"Hey, don't let one girl ruin your life. Forget all about her and move on. She's just a lowlife woman. If you ask me, you just dodged a bullet." Max said, trying to reset his friend's mind.

"I don't know, Max. This is very hard for me. I really loved her. I gave everything to her. I guess... because of this... I'm not sure if I can trust someone again." he replied in a sad tone.

"Dylan, you don't have to close your heart just because of what happened. It only means there's someone out there waiting for you to come to her life." Max gave his best words to try to cheer him up.

"And how can I be sure I won't get fooled again?" he asked.

"Learn to observe and don't doubt you own doubts." Max answered straightforwadly.