Ch. 7 - A Strange Order

Taurtis had been acting strange lately. Ever since his weird happy, jolly mood, he's been a little on edge. Grian just wished he knew why. Even Silly had begun asking about him. Though, of course, Sam hadn't noticed a single thing.

"I don't know why she hasn't texted me," Sam complained, "I mean, it's been a few weeks. You think she'd be over her fit by now."

"Have you texted her?" Grian asked, though he was still watching Taurtis, who kept glancing at his phone.

"Of course not," Sam scoffed, "She has to come to me."

Grian shook his head, "You were in the wrong, Sam. Have you even bothered to wonder if Yuki broke up with you?"

Sam chuckled, "She would never break up with me, right Taurtis?"

Taurtis just hummed in response. Sam scowled at him, "Taurtis! Are you even listening?"

Taurtis frowned, "I am. You're talking about Yuki and how she hasn't texted you."

Sam squinted his eyes at him, clearly still skeptical, but he shrugged it off, "Regardless, I'm sure she's about to break."

"And what makes you say that?" Taurtis asked.

"Because she-" Taurtis's phone rang. He quickly answered it and rushed out of the room before even saying, "Hello."

Grian frowned in the direction he left, "Am I crazy, or is he being weird?"

"You're crazy."

---

Taurtis could barely breathe as he answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Tonight you will get a call from me," the voice was distorted like they were using a voice changer, "Do not answer it. Wait for it to go to voicemail. I will text you when you are listening to it. Follow every instruction carefully."

Just like that, they hung up, leaving Taurtis dumbfounded in the hallway.

"You okay?"

His eyes flicked towards Dom. His eyebrows were creased with worry and his mouth was pulled into a frown. His bottom lip looked like he had been gnawing at it, with bits missing at the top.

"I- I'll tell you later. Do you wanna eat lunch with me?"

Dom smiled, "I eat lunch with J."

"Well, bring him too. I'm tired of talking to Sam," Taurtis admitted.

"You can talk to Grian."

"Yeah, but I'd rather talk to you."

Dom shrugged, "Okay, I'll grab J."

Taurtis grinned as he walked back to Sam and Grian. Sam frowned at him and crossed his arms, "Mr. Jolly better not be back."

Taurtis chuckled, "I don't know, I think he might be."

It wasn't long before Dom pulled up a seat next to him. J plopped his computer down next to Grian. Sam's frown deepened, "What are you doing here?"

"Taurtis invited me," Dom threw an arm around Taurtis's shoulders, "Get used to it, shorty."

Sam scoffed, "Taurtis! How could you?"

"I don't see the harm."

"Grian!" Sam whined, turning to the other boy for help, but he just shrugged.

Sam huffed, slouching in his chair.

"So," Dom began, retracting his arm, "did you wanna talk or just piss Sam off?"