God's Errand Boy - SS

Synopsis

When Elijah Locke loses consciousness in the middle of his math class, he didn't realize he'd wake up to see God staring him in the face.

"Where am I?  What happened?"
"Well your soul has been ejected from your body."

This so called higher being informs Elijah that his soul was incompatible with the Earth universe.  With no intervention, his soul would've disintegrated but luckily, he had his friendly resident god.

Contrary to human belief, god's are more like administrators to different universes, constantly fighting for control over dimensions.  "God" tells Elijah that he wants to employ him as a spy towards other gods in exchange for immortality.  Elijah, obviously accepts.

Basic Outline

So for this story, I figured it would compose of Elijah being summoned to a bunch of different worlds to complete tasks for this "god".  At the end of the journey, it would result in Elijah reaching an ascension to godhood either by force or completing the given tasks of "God".

As for the gods, they are really just like a bunch of dictators over each region of universes.  They each have their own territory and are constantly fighting.  So sometimes they might collect stray souls from their own dimensions, and send them into other gods' territories to plan a take over of another god's territory.

Gods themselves aren't truly gods, but more like higher beings.  They have the power to change and manipulate worlds under their control and they gain more power the more dimensions they control.  This story would have an overarching story in the background about the politics going on between the gods.

World/Genre

So the main genre would be fantasy being how it includes elements like gods and reincarnation.  However, in my opinion, the cool thing about this story starter is that stories could take place in any number of worlds leaving a lot of room for world building.  For example, the main character could be sent into a Sci-Fi world to destabilize the government there and throw the world into chaos.  Or maybe the MC is sent into a magic world with the goal of advancing that world super quickly to weaken the resident god's influence.  Basically, the possibilities are infinite and the creative potential is quite great.

Conclusion

This is a story starter with high potential due to the sheer number of plot elements that could be included.  Being sent to multiple worlds with different goals to accomplish in each.  Each arc could focus on a different world.