Our Journey to the End - SS

Synopsis

Life is painful. This is an irrefutable fact. Some might derive some joy out of it and believe that it justifies the pain. Others... Well, others don't even get that slight reprieve.

So, what does that mean? Well, for me, it means that I am soooooo looking forward to dying. I mean, what was the point? Just living to suffer? Abusive parents, prejudiced neighbors, bullying, a willfully ignorant society? To hell with it!

This is the end. And so, with these thoughts in mind, I took that fateful step off the eighth story of the apartment. No need for notes, or sentiments; I have nothing. I will leave nothing but my body, and will enter nothing.

Living is suffering after all.

Or so I thought.

A few moments after that fateful step I wake up in front of God. What does God do? God judges me of course. Sends me to hell for having the gall to finally decide to do something about my suffering.

As if I'll accept this.

Living is suffering.

Existing is suffering.

God is the pillar of this world. And God isn't the only deity out there supporting this cycle of suffering. 

Deities? Divinity? Destiny?

I'll reject it all.

I'll escape hell. Then what you ask?

Then, for the sake of ending my pain, I'll end the world.

/////

Basic Outline

So, this might be a story for satisfying your inner edge lord. Isn't it fine to indulge in that stuff from time to time?

Anyways, essentially, this is set in modern times. I wrote the synopsis in first person because I don't feel like putting a name or gender to the main character. This is their journey to end everything. Their identity doesn't matter.

All religions exist in this world. They are powered by the faith of humans. Each deity or pantheon of deities hold jurisdiction over a region of the world. As for atheists; they get ejected into the cycle of a random religion. Since our MC is going to destroy deities, they're going to have to eliminate every person in the world.

Our MC is essentially declaring genocide on gods and humans.

Yep, fun times.

Genre

So, this would be under modern fantasy I believe? Perhaps you could include the power of magic, but our MC is trying to reject religions and the magic that exists would be powered by religion, so I wouldn't expect them to use it. 

Conclusion

This is purely for satisfying your darker urges. That doesn't mean we can't have fun with it! There are a number of takes that could be derived from this. Whether it be political intrigue as to use the might of a nation to wreak havoc on the world, or a science route, using weapons, biological warfare, etc. Perhaps you could even go the theist's route, starting a new religion to end all religions and then end thyself. There's way more that I probably can't think of. One things for sure though. If anyone decides to write this, they better not cop out and say, "Oh, well with the power of love I'll give up my destructive urges." That would be a terrible ending.