𝓲.

September 1st, 1975

September 1st, 1975.

Today was the day where new and returning students would board the Hogwarts Express and journey to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the first term. The Lupin kids were among those students. Remus and Romulus Lupin would be starting their fifth year at Hogwarts. They lived in a cottage, far away from any type of town or village in a heavily forested area. The family consisted of their father, Lyall, a well-respected Ministry man, and their mother, Hope, a muggle woman who, after several years, was firmly accustomed to magic.

Then, there were the boys. Remus was the oldest,  lanky, his face marred by scars some faded and barely noticeable while others were fresh and pink. Meanwhile, Romulus was younger than his brother by a few months, though most people guessed that the boys had a considerable age difference. Romulus was short and slim, his face round with the same kind brown eyes of his mother.

The brothers did share some differences. Remus was more introverted and wary of new people while Romulus was very sociable, easily making friends.  Another one of their differences was their sleep schedules. Remus slept heavy and would sleep well into noon if you let him while Romulus was an early riser, as soon as the sun was up, he was up and ready to go. That particular difference was on display right now.

"Remus! If you don't hurry up you'll miss the train!" Lyall exclaimed from his spot at the kitchen table.

There was a sudden crash followed by a breathless and scraggly dressed Remus Lupin appearing in the kitchen doorway. Romulus snorted into his cereal as he took in his brother's appearance.

"Rem, your trousers are on backwards."The boy pointed out.

Remus looked down and sure enough, his pants were on backwards. His face reddened as he scurried off to fix them.

"You don't have to change, my boy! Maybe you can be a trendsetter," Lyall jested.

Then came Hope Lupin. Today she let her dark hair fly free as she glided into the kitchen. She moved across the table, giving Lyall and Romulus each a kiss.

"Is there a reason Remus is pants-less in the living room?" Hope questioned.

Romulus shrugged, "Bad decisions."

Lyall checked his watch and sighed, "We'll have to apparate at this point.

"Oh," Hope groaned.

If there was one thing Hope Lupin loathed it was apparating.

"You don't have to come, love," Lyall said placing a comforting hand over his wife's.

"And miss my babies going on the train?" Hope said. "I don't think so."

Romulus looked down at himself, "I'm pretty large for a baby don't ya think?"

"It runs in the family," Lyall said simply.

"Romulus, your cat is a demon,"

Remus Lupin had finally fixed his pants and was now in the kitchen. He plopped himself down with a loud sigh.