CRUSH CULTURE

————USUALLY, Romulus Lupin was very upfront with how he felt

————USUALLY, Romulus Lupin was very upfront with how he felt. He didn't hide anything. His mother told him on more than one occasion that he was an open book and that he had been since he was a baby. If he was happy he'd let everyone know by laughing and clapping and if he was mad he let everyone know by screaming as loud as he could and balling up his pudgy fist. No, Romulus wasn't one to hide his feelings.

That was until he got his first crush.

He was around nine and it was on a Ministry intern that worked with his father. Romulus was like a puppy, following the boy around, his eyes gleaming with admiration. He was ready to tell the boy in the form of a card that he'd made himself, but then he heard some of his dad's work friends talking. Recently they'd seen two men holding hands in passing and were using every insult in the book to describe the two men.

Romulus didn't understand everything they said, but the young boy wasn't stupid. He knew that they were against what they saw. Romulus's father, Lyall wasn't with them but the young boy feared that he shared their thoughts. So, the boy ripped up the card and stuffed it as far into the rubbish bin as he could, praying that nobody found it. From then on, he decided to keep his crushes quiet.

Whenever he had those feelings he shoved them down as deep as he could and acted as if they weren't there. Romulus did it with each crush. The crush he had on the Ravenclaw boy in first year, the crush he had on his dorm mate in second year, and the crush he had on his Defense Against the Dark Arts professor in his third year. But there was one crush that refused to be ignored.

Sirius Black was funny, had a great personality, and wasn't bad to look at.

At all.

But Romulus couldn't act on these feelings. Merlin knows how his parents would react. Plus, he was sure Sirius wasn't even attracted to boys. He had no chance and he reminded himself of that constantly, but the feelings still didn't go away. Going into his fifth year the feelings are only growing stronger and getting harder to hide, and at some point, someone is bound to notice. Whether Romulus wants it or not.

ROMULUS LUPIN
PLAYED BY REECE KING

REMUS LUPIN PLAYED BY JORDAN FISHER

REMUS LUPIN
PLAYED BY JORDAN FISHER

REMUS LUPIN PLAYED BY JORDAN FISHER

HOPE LUPIN
PLAYED BY NIA LONG

LYALL LUPIN PLAYED BY EWAN MCGREGOR

LYALL LUPIN
PLAYED BY EWAN MCGREGOR

LYALL LUPIN PLAYED BY EWAN MCGREGOR

A/N|

TAKE TWO!

isn't it so crazy how jk rowling tried to pass off bIuejays writing as her own? How you gonna be talentless and transphobic? Pick a struggle.

dedicated to bIuejays because they're amazing and inspired me to write this. Check out Clementine to meet the unluckiest character ever.

anyway, if you've been on my profile before then you know that I've tried writing Harry Potter stories before but none of them seem to stick. I've grown as a writer since then and i figured I'd try again and seeing as there's a shortage of Harry Potter stories centering around a male, gay, black main character i decided that I'd do it. And my gay character will be explicitly gay in the story, no subtext, and it won't be revealed long after the book is finished.

I want to ensure this gets across though: I do not support J.K. Rowling's statements at all. Trans people are and always will be valid anyone who thinks otherwise can get fucked, and I mean that in the worst possible way.

Enjoy reading.