Pale king X Queen! Reader

W049: And here we go again, back with Hollow knight
~

♡ Y/N POV ♡

I was walking in the palace, I was the Queen of Hallownest and I was married to the Pale King. I enjoyed the affection he gives me and all the love. Even at night.

We have a lot of kids, but Pale calls them Vessels. He wanted the perfect vessel for the infection that's been going on lately. It saddens me that he doesn't want his other kids.

I walk over to the room where the vessels we're training. I watched as they went for the stronger one. One of them fell and broke their shell a bit, I ran over to help them. I picked them up to see how bad the damage was. I take them out of the room and went to another room to get bandages. I wrapped the bandages around their crack.

I sighed, "I don't know why Pale wants the perfect vessel. You all are perfect in my vision."

I kneeled down and smiled at the small vessel. "You'll be named V/N (Vessel name)."

The small Vessel tilts their head. I lead them back to the Training room. I paused when I saw Pale examine the vessels.
"I think we're missing one. Where's Vessel 245?"

I grabbed V/N and start to walk away but it didn't work because of my long F/C dress/cloak. I heard footsteps behind me so I quickly hid V/N under my dress/cloak.

"Y/N have you seen a vessel out here?" Pale asked as he walks in front of me.

I shook my head, "No I haven't seen any vessel out here." I told an untruth.

Pale looks at me for a few seconds before shrugging and walking back to the training room. I sighed and let V/N get out of my dress/cloak.

"I'll try my hardest to keep you. Let's go." I took V/N's hand and we walk down the hallway.

~

It's been a long time and V/N and the Hollow knight we're both fully grown. I hid V/N in a different room so Pale won't know he exists. I visit V/N every day and I even let Fierce Dryya train them.

Pale had three dreamers sacrifice themselves for the kingdom and next is my other child, the Hollow Knight. My 'pure' vessel has been chosen to be the Hollow Knight that would take on the infection.

I haven't heard anything from Pale in hours until I heard footsteps. I turn around and see V/N and Dryya.

"My Queen we need to leave, orders from the King. No need to ask questions." Dryya told me. She and V/N guided me to the stag station.

We made it to my garden, it's always so peaceful and beautiful. The kingsmold, Dryya, and V/N guided me to a secret place I always loved.

I rested down and the Kingsmold and Dryya went to guard outside. V/N stayed to keep me company.

~

I heard fighting outside, V/N had their nail out just in case if those Mantises come in to attack us. All of the sudden the fighting stopped. I grabbed my blanket and ran outside, V/N following behind, I saw dead kingsmold and mantises. I then saw Dryya's dead corpse, I kneeled down and mourned to my protector. V/N comfort me and took me inside where I stayed for the rest of the years.

I looked down at the fragment in my hands. It was a gift Pale have given me before I left the kingdom. It always calms me when times like this goes rough. I heard four footsteps walking inside. I look up to see V/N and surprisingly another vessel, the small vessel had a Grimmchild with them. Reminds me of that one moth but I'll save that story for another time.

"I didn't think another vessel had made it out of their birthplace, " I look down at the white fragment. "Take this, it should help you fight the infection. Just find the other piece." I handed the vessel the white fragment and V/N escorted them out.

I shall wait until the infection is gone, and then I'll rule the kingdom... By myself. Oh, wyrm I wish you were here, I miss you...

~