XXXII

"Don't you dare sit in there for days again," Brenna hits the door, my lips pressing together. I'm not sulking; I'm working. I'm working to distract me. Although every time Harry messages me, I end up talking to him for hours.

I write for a while and shut the laptop, getting up and putting on running clothes. As I get ready, I message Harry that I'll talk to him later. I lock the door and begin my run, taking in the scenery. My mind wanders as I run and I find myself running through trails in the woods.

It's so peaceful and I escape, slowing down and taking a seat on the ground. The sun is setting and I watch it through the trees, admiring it. I haven't been able to run as much since beginning a relationship with Harry. He's taken up too much time and made me mentally unable to want to run.

Once the sun is on its last bit of light, I make it back to town just when it gets dark. I walk up the stairs to my building and I see Harry waiting outside the door, a cigarette in his fingers.

"You weren't answering," he states simply, and I unlock the door.

"I told you I wasn't going to be able to. I was on a run," I remind him, his hand shutting the door.

"Well I didn't realize your run was going to be three fucking hours," he replies, my hand grabbing a water bottle and filling it. I pound the water in seconds.

"Sorry I was enjoying nature," I refute, his body sitting down on the couch.

"You drive me batshit crazy, Lina. All the damn time," he reminds me, my body walking over to him. Harry spreads his legs for me to stand between, my eyes looking down at him.

"You just have to come find me after I don't answer you, huh?" I smirk, his eyes rolling. I can easily get to him; he's obsessed with me. He's explicitly told me so.

"Last time you didn't answer me, I had to find you in the middle of nowhere. I get a little concerned now," he tells me, my lips releasing a sigh. It wasn't my proudest moment, but if I didn't leave, I wouldn't have been able to remain sane.

"Didn't know it made you that worried," I tell him, his body standing up. Harry grabs my face and leans his forehead on mine, my eyes closing as he does so.

"I'm going to worry as soon as I feel you slipping away," he explains, my lower lip taken between my teeth. "I can't let you go."

I seem to be speechless, so I don't say anything. Harry softly brushes his thumbs along my cheekbones, my eyes looking up at him.

"Okay," I say, not knowing what else to say. I take a step back and he watches me, my body turning in the direction to my room.

"Okay?" he nearly laughs, my head looking over my shoulder with a smile. I let him sit in the living room as I take a shower, my hands running a towel over my hair as I walk out of the shower.

"Not gonna lie, five more minutes and I would have barged in there," I hear Harry say, my hand lifting to give him the finger. He only chuckles at it, my hand setting the towel on the kitchen table.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask, looking over at him. He looks up from his phone with a shocked expression on his face, as if he wasn't expecting me to offer him food.

"Don't give me that shit. What do you want?" I ask, looking through the fridge. I end up grabbing tortillas and cheese before he responds.

"I'm making quesadillas," I respond as he says, "Anything you want."

Harry gets off the couch and I set a pan on the stove, heating it up.

"Mind if I stay here tonight?" he asks, my shoulders shrugging. He is quite honestly, more than welcome to stay. I just will never admit it.

"That's fine," I tell him, his arms flexing as he leans against the counter beside me.

"Fine?" he smirks, devilish green eyes looking over at me. I look over at him.

"Fine," I say, his arm moving to wrap around my waist.

"Fine," he says again, his lips formed into a smile as he keeps saying the word. My eyes dart to his lip as they move, my hand pushing his chest back so I can begin making food.

"I'm not hungry," Harry says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back into him. His hands grab my face and he presses his lips to mine, my hands grabbing his arms to stabilize myself.

My lips move with his, but I end up laughing only moments after. Harry looks down at me as I smile up at him, his arm pulling me in and holding me to his body. His hand moves up to gently grab the back of my head and he presses his lips to my forehead. My eyes close and he holds me close, my arms wrapping around him.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" he asks, my head nodding as it rests on his chest. He lets me go and I finish making something to eat.

We sit on the couch and I throw on the television, the two of us eating as we watch the beginning of the movie. As the night continues, I end up laying on Harry as we watch the movie. Every time we laugh, his body moves and it ends up making us laugh even more. He hugs me close to him and I find myself genuinely enjoying myself.

"I'm happy," I tell him, closing my eyes and listening to his heartbeat. He brings a hand to my head and holds my cheek. He sets a kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm glad, Lina," he whispers, my lower lips moving between my teeth. "Because I'm finally happy you're getting to where I'm at."