XVI

"Lina," I hear, my head turning lightly.

"Lina, can you hear me?" I try to nod my head and when I do, I'm lifted up. My body falls onto the body and they hold me, my hand grabbing their arm.

"Hey, can you see me?" My eyes feel so heavy and I open my eyes, attempting to look up. Harry's worried expression fills my sight and he kneels in front of me.

"My head," I try to talk, his hand lifting to hold it up.

"You just passed out. Can you sit up?" he asks, my body slouching on his. My stomach hurts and I don't feel good at all.

"I need to throw up more," I tell him, his hands lifting my legs up. He aids me in wrapping my legs around him and he carries me to the bathroom. He sits me down and helps me situate myself, my eyes now taking notice to how gross his hands are; blood and dirt covers them.

I lean against the toilet, Harry leaving me. The water runs and he comes back soon after, hands clean and a glass of water in his right.

My fingers lift and I repeat the actions I had done only a short while ago, emptying my stomach. He hands me the water and I drink it, Harry running his hand down my back.

"Are you okay?" he asks, my lips parting to sigh out.

"What do you fucking think?" I retort, his hand brushing my hair back.

"Glad to know you're back, but now is not the time, baby," he tells me, my body falling onto his. I'm exhausted from how I'm feeling and I can't hold myself up any longer.

My body slowly slides further onto the floor so that my head is now on his lap, his hand removing the tie in my hair and running his hand through. I close my eyes at the feeling.

"How did he even get the chance, Lina?" he asks softly, trying not to push too far. It's not any of his business what I do when he's not there.

"He bought me a drink," I tell him, his hand still playing with my hair. "I, uh, didn't watch like I usually do."

I don't have to open my eyes to know his jaw is clenched and his eyebrows are furrowed. Harry doesn't like the thought of other men around me.

"He could have seriously hurt you," he states while trying to remain calm. If this were any other circumstance, my neck would be wrapped around by his large hand.

"But he didn't," I reply, opening my eyes slightly to look up at him. He's cleaned off his face and I notice his eyebrows are furrowed.

"Yeah, because you screamed for me and I beat his ass to the ground. Lina, don't fucking accept drinks from strangers," he starts to raise his voice, my eyes just closing again.

"You don't control me, Harry," I say softly, my body turning to sit up. But I end up falling right back down onto him.

"Lina," Harry says, my head resting back on his lap. It's so comfortable, but I don't want it to be.

I feel Harry slowly move his hand across my cheek, causing me to open my eyes. His green eyes look into mine and I find my heart begin to race. He keeps his hand over my cheek, not moving anything except his thumb, which lightly brushes against my cheekbone.

"You can stay here tonight," I tell him, "But not in my bed."

He snorts. "I didn't think so, baby."

I roll my eyes at the word but relax back onto him. I stare up at him, long enough to feel as if I'm ready to fall asleep. He helps me get up and we walk into my room. My hand grabs the tee that I've been sleeping in and I set it on the chair.

"Close your eyes," I tell him, but in reality, I don't give a shit if he sees me in a bra. I pull my shirt off and then grab the tee, exchanging it.

"Am I good?" he asks, my eyes looking over at him. I quickly change into shorts and tell him he can look, my body throwing my old clothes in the hamper.

Harry's hand grabs my wrist and I look at him, his hand tilting my chin up.

"I like your shirt," he smirks, my eyes diverting down. I had been wearing this shirt and I had forgotten it was his. It's baggy, hence why I wear it to bed. I choose to ignore it.

"I'm sleeping on the floor in here. Don't feel like sleeping on your couch," he tells me, and I shrug.

"Do whatever," I tell him, walking to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face, going back into the room. Harry's shirtless and on his phone, my hand closing the bedroom door once I enter.

"You feeling better?" he asks, turning to look at me.

"Yeah. I think the last puke session helped," I say, falling back onto my bed. I toss Harry a pillow and a blanket, his body lying on the ground beside my bed. I hit the lights and lay on my back, removing the bra from beneath my shirt and throwing it at the hamper.

"What the hell was that?" I hear him ask, making me smile. It's nice now that he can't see my face; I can make expression that don't need to be masked.

"A bra. The girls are free," I say, and I hear him rustle on the floor. Next thing I know, he's kneeling beside the bed.

"You know, I saved your life tonight, and I think I deserve to see," he tries to play, my hand shoving his face away from me.

"In your fucking dreams," I tell him, unable to hide the laughter that escapes. He grabs my hand and holds it, my head turned towards him despite the inability to see his features. I can make out his silhouette.

"Lina," he says, almost as if it were a question. I hum, signaling for him to continue.

"How many guys have you slept with?" he asks, popping the question I had been waiting for. I'm not ashamed of what I've done with men.

"Five," I tell him, his hand still holding mine. I can't make out his facial expression, but I know it's not a happy one.

"How about you?" I ask, trying to get equal amounts of information out of him. To get him to talk, I squeeze his hand.

"Six," he says, and I nod. We're in the same boat, but I don't understand why it bothers him more than it bothers me.

"It's not a bad thing," I remind him, and I hear him sigh. I'm taken aback when he stands up, moving his body to lay beside me. He stays over the blanket, so I turn and face him on my side.

"Lina, don't get me wrong here, but I fucking hate that you've been with other people," he says, and I roll my eyes.

"Well, get over it hypocrite," I say, his hand grabbing mine. It's a gesture I don't necessarily care for, but I choose not to push it away.

"Listen, I'm just saying that because," he starts, my eyes looking up at him. It's almost as I'm looking straight into those green eyes.

"You're jealous," I say softly, a small smile hinting at my lips. I know he can't see it.

He stays quiet and I know I'm right, but something about the conversation doesn't make me want to make fun of him for it. It's almost as if he's getting slapped in the face right now.

I can't get over the fact that I'm beginning to put myself in his shoes.

"Look," I start. "It's in the past, and with how everything's been going, you're fucking up anything else I may have going with a different person. Tonight, whether I like it or not, showed me that you're going to be there. Not that I didn't doubt it before, but now I know for damn sure you will be."

I can hear him let out a faint amused noise so I just keep talking. He's done a good majority of the talking since we met, so I figure he deserves it.

"I don't hate you. I don't want you to never be around me. I just don't know what the fuck I'm feeling anymore," I start, and I lean forward and press my forehead to his.

If I had been told I'd be lying here with Harry a month ago, I'd slap someone. Hard.

Now that I am, I don't mind it. I don't mind the company, but I'm not going to change who I am. He's growing on me, and I have to mentally prepare myself for what comes with that.