Christmas Dinner ~ 4

(Back to third person)

Bellatrix was feeling very uneasy. Her mother had forced her to wear a dark green dress that perfectly contrasted her pale skin, with gold embroidery at the hems of her dress. Her hair was put in loose curls that hung down her back. She had a small, golden hairclip on one side of her head, and matching heels. Instead of her go to red lipstick, it was replaced with a pale pink. She had a bit of mascara. Bellatrix was stunning even with minimal makeup, but she didn't want to be stunning for Rodolphus. She wanted to be stunning for Tom. 

As her mother was dressing her up, Narcissa stood quietly to the side, with a sympathetic look on her face. She knew how much Bellatrix didn't want this.

Not a moment after Bellatrix was done, the doorbell rang. Druella rushed to answer the door, while Bellatrix slowly walked behind her. Reinhard Lestrange and his wife Adelia Lestrange stood at the doorstep, politely smiling. Their sons Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange stood behind them. 

"Come in, come in!" Druella told them, smiling.

The family walked in, and Bellatrix plastered a fake smile on her face.

"Why don't you and Bellatrix catch up a bit?" Adelia told her children.

"Sure, Mother," Rodolphus replied, politely smiling at Bellatrix.

Rabastan stayed behind to give the to-be husband and wife time alone, to Bellatrix's disappointment.

Bellatrix reluctantly beckoned Roldolphus to follow her. They walked to her bedroom.

"Listen," Bellatrix said, as soon as they were out of earshot, "I do NOT like you, and this marriage is simply to uphold the pureblood tradition. And I will become a Death Eater, so don't interfere with my work either."

Rodolphus frowned at this, and after a long silence, "Fine then."

Bellatrix pleasantly smiled. "Also, don't tell anyone about this conversation, or I won't hesitate to make your life miserable."

Rodolphus' frown deepened, "Whatever."

"Now that we have that settled, what do you want to do to pass the time as we await dinner?" Bellatrix asked, slightly more cheerful now that he had agreed.

"I don't know, chess?" he replied.

"Chess it is."

They ended up playing a total of 3 games of chess, with Bellatrix winning each time. She was an intelligent young lady, and was able to get out of whatever trap Rodolphus brought to the table. As they continued playing chess, Rodolphus couldn't help but fall for the cold Bellatrix. It was impossible to not like her, she was beautiful, smart, and sadistic.

Perhaps she will learn to love me over time. After all, we have the rest of our lives together. He thought to himself.

"Dinner's ready!" Druella called out.

Bellatrix and Rodolphus walked down the steps, and she noticed that Sirius' family had also come to join them. She took a seat, and to her annoyance, Rodolphus sat in the seat next to her. Now she would have to deal with him for the rest of dinner as well.