"...I spazzed...anyways, I think Kyungsoo is busy today anyways...so let's leave him and maybe invite him somewhere tomorrow." Wendy thinks over it for a quick moment or two before she smiles at Jungkook, "you're right. Whatever he's doing, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want any of us to bother him."

Jungkook smiles back but it falls as soon as she gets up – her back to him – Jungkook knew exactly what Kyungsoo was doing. He was out with the popular clique. He overhead a group of girls talking about it. He lied to Wendy because he doesn't want to see her hurt, but he knew what would come next.

Slowly, Kyungsoo would distance himself from Jungkook and Wendy, after catching the limelight, and then the two would try their best to get Kyungsoo to talk to them, but he would have already picked the popular side by then. Wendy would feel betrayed, and she would never recover from losing one of her best friends.

But it's okay because she had Jungkook...right? Would he be enough for her.

"Oh! I remember where I put it," Wendy says, snapping Jungkook out of his train of thought. "What colour is the hair dye?"

Wendy doesn't make eye contact with him when she quickly mumbles, "cherry red."

Jungkook's eyes widen as he stands up from her bed, "Wendy! No wonder why your parents never let you dye it that colour! I'm not doing it!" Wendy groans, grabbing Jungkook's hands, "oh come on Jungkook, it would look so cool on you, I can just imagine it now, and it would give you so much pazaz and confidence...just imagine it!"

He shudders, "no! I'm literally going to stick out like a sore thumb in school, and on top of that, nothing screams ‘I'm gay’ than a cherry red haired boy. So no."

Wendy scoffs, pulling Jungkook to the mirror on her wall, "oh please, like people don't already know you're gay."

"Bisexual, actually," he corrects.

She rolls her eyes, "anyways, look at yourself, everyone demeans the two of us because we're quiet. But nothing screams louder than a new and bold hair colour. Plus, I know you have courage in you... because you're Jeon mother fucking Jungkook. So please show those airheads what they're all missing."

Wendy tells Jungkook to look at himself, but he can't. He's looking at his friend, no, his best friend. She just told him to be confident...but doesn't she feel the need to? Wendy was a bright girl, and to Jungkook, she still is. But if only she follows her own advice, just maybe she could go back to the way she was before.

Jungkook didn't know the full story because Wendy always hated talking about it. But she had a friend, and they were best friends her whole life. But soon she got cut off. Because her best friends boyfriend didn't like Wendy. So in retrospect, Jungkook understood her. But she had major trust issues, and that's what made her so shy and quiet.

"Wendy...you know I don't think you're priss... right?"

She chuckles, looking at him in the mirror, "what makes you say that?" She asks, trying to mock Jungkook, a small smile on her face. He turns to her, "no seriously." When she sees his expression her smile falls, "yeah Jungkook, of course...I know, it's all jokes."

Jungkook smiles at her slightly, "let's make a deal. Your parents won't let you dye your hair, right, so why don't we just do the front bits of you hair...like those famous tiktok girls."