Another punch, blocked by Kazuma. Then he gently cradles his son's hand, before absolutely decking him into the fence.

Even I wouldn't expect that.

"You still have a lot to learn," Shishou say with a smile. "You are still in need of my care, my son."

Kyo gets as embarrassedly red as when Tohru says something so innocent. "But you didn't have to send me flying..."

"You're getting slow if you can't even dodge that." He teases Kyo by patting his head. "If you're not gonna treat Kuroi like a girl you should at least be learning from the fights."

My brow twitches a little. "I don't enjoy not being seen as a girl, Shishou-san. Don't encourage it."

Kyo comes and joins us after seeing Kazuma ready to leave. "See, Tohru? I told you Shishou-san was strong!" he says with a big grin.

On another morning before school, gathering for breakfast apparently, Kyo will only be going three days a week to the dojo. I'm welcome too, but I can't commit to a schedule with part-time work and tutoring, most of which is most Tomoya because he's a hopeless idiot, or he's faking it to continue being a simp for someone who can't ever be comfortable with her own thoughts, let alone afford to like someone else.

Yuki comes out and we greet him good morning, and I know the drama will begin. He and the cat touch chopsticks, and the little rat throws his pair to the wind. So dramatic, and so redundant. It certainly fires up every morning but it's nothing to be wide-eyed at. Things need a little spicing up.

"When you have the time, will you come with me on a date, Kyo?" I ask, setting down my bowl so I can lean forward and look him in the eye. I could smile to sell it, but he knows they're way too fake.

Everyone bats their eyes at me.

"Are you trying to get his ego boosted? The stupid cat doesn't need it," Yuki remarks.

"No. I wanna go out. Just the two of us. You guys go out all the time with Tohru on "dates"."

"Cause Honda-san is a nice girl who works hard," Yuki says.

Annoyed, I go back to my food. "Stop staring at me with an open mouth and just say you don't want to go. It's fine."

"Don't you have to tutor for final exams?" Kyo asks.

I drop my bowl, grabbing my bag. "Just say no! Don't drag it out for an excuse, gosh!" I head out the door, not really thinking as I walk out to the grass with socks before coming back for my shoes with a sigh. I can hear the headlines in the halls today. She's really fired up today! Steer clear of the thunderstorm!

I reach across the deck for my shoes, to find two feet approach them and then snatch them first. I look at Kyo with more annoyance than I was leaving the house with.

"You want to get treated like a girl, you gotta act like one."

"Oh, shut up with that! Don't even try that, because I don't know what you imagine that is." I climb up and grab my shoes from him. "Act like a man first, then we'll talk."

"Don't forget your lunch," Tohru adds worriedly.

I remove my stained socks, running to grab fresh ones and my bento, then return.

"I'll go on a date with you."

I turn on my early, rebellious trek to school with a victory sign before feigning a cute smile. "Really? With someone who isn't a girl? You'll go on a date with me, should I act like a girl so it doesn't feel like you're coming ou–"

"I won't go with you if you're going to act all weird and fake like that, you bird brain!"

I twirl my ponytail, even hating myself for this act not filled with monotony and nonchalance. "Really? Then I guess you don't want me to be a girl after all." I drop it. "Finished scaring you all! Bye! We'll go on a date after school, I'll think of where and tell you."