Chapter 4

(A/N- DISCLAIMER: There will be some heavy language in this chapter.)

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Kara growled feeling instant regret but couldn't bring herself to care. Cat however gasped, hearing her perky and annoyingly innocent assistant cuss like a sailor.

     She then heard a deep voice say "Kara you know after Jeremiah died, I promised to protect you girls?", a quiet sob. "Well" the voice continued, "I've failed and I, I just wanted to tell you how truly sorry I am for not following through.

     Shortly after you came in here, Alex started screaming at us, and demanded we left. I thought it'd be best for us to give her some space so me and Eliza left. She went and got a scalpel out and cut both her wrists. I- I came back into the room about 7 minutes later, thinking she had enough time to cool down and found her. We all did the best we could, but at 2:34 pm Alex was pronounced dead. She went into shock and coded, and we were not able to bring her back".

     Cat looked down at her phone, seeing that it was 2:37 made her sick. Regardless, she decided to listen.

     "WHY DID YOU LEAVE HER ALONE?!", Kara's voice screamed. "YOU KNEW SHE WAS SUICIDAL, YET YOU LEFT HER ALONE IN A FUCKING MEDICAL WING! THIS COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED. IF ONLY YOU WEREN'T SO SET ON YOUR DUMBASS MORALS". Jonn looked up at Kara, tears streaming down both of their faces, and gave her a confused, helpless, pitiful look.

     "YOU COULD'VE READ HER MIND JONN! SHE WOULD BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU!".

     Cat listened to everything that was said, and knew things were going to get even uglier. She heard a loud sob, then a huge whooshing sound and that Witt guy yell "Kara please come back!". Cat hung up not thinking she could listen to much more. Cat then looked through Kara's HR file and saw it, Alex was her sister.

     She felt horrible and needed more information she called James and got an answer almost instantly. His voice was scratchy and Cat could tell he had been crying "hello?".

     "James can you please call Superman and tell him to get to Kara ASAP this is important".

     "Umm. Actually Mrs. Grant he's standing right next to me".

     "Great, give him the phone". She heard shuffling and started to talk again. "Good, now Clark I need you to check on Kara, her sister is dead and Kara really needs someone"

     "Mrs. Grant I-", Clark cleared his throat. "I don't know who Clarke is".

     "Oh cut the crap and help your cousin". Then the call ended.

(A/N- I know, I know, I'm evil. I killed Alex and I'm sorry. This is a going to be a short story though, maybe 10 chapters or so. Sorry it's short, I'll post the next chapter right after this one to make up for it! -Sunny)