Diagon Alley

Melodie stepped into the street at once walking towards the trunk shop. She stepped inside smiling at the little chime of the bell. Walking to the counter, she waited a moment before a young looking man came out of the back door and stepped towards her. "What can I do for you?" The man asked politely giving her a cheeky grin. "I would like to purchase a six compartment trunk please," she answered politely. The mans eyes blew wide for a second before he shook his head and walked into the back room gesturing to her to follow. 

Once in the room the man opened a black leather trunk before explaining the different compartments to her. The first one was a normal one compartment trunk for clothing. The second was a library with a quaint, dark green armchair and a round, black, wooden coffee table. The bookshelves spread around the room reaching from the floor to the ceiling. Enough space to store thousands of books, Melodie thought with a small grin. 

Another compartment was the duelling room ready for physical and magical training. It had human like dummies and some weapon racks for training. It also had a small changeable obstacle course to test agility and strength. 

Next was a potions laboratory stocked with a built in fire and sleek black shelves ready to store many potions ingredients. The fifth compartment was a greenhouse filled with magical and muggle plants and herbs almost ready to be harvested. 

The last compartment was an apartment like space with a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room, a kitchen and a dining room. The rooms were completely white waiting to be changed into something different with only the bare necessities in them. Melodie started with the bathroom picking pale cream tiles and a light blue walls. The sink and toilet were a clean white and the shower was a dark sea blue contrasting to the lighter walls. Next she moved onto the dining room choosing a mid toned grey colour for the walls and a dark mahogany for the wooden floors. There was a small rectangular table made of a dark glass with a small silver candelabra as a centrepiece.

After that was the living room where she chose pale green walls and a ebony black, fluffy rug. The room also had two sofas with the same dark green colour as the armchair in the library. She then chose the kitchen colours next which were four muted red walls and a light oak wood floor. There was a small sink and oven in the kitchen, along with some cabinets with the same light oak as the floors. 

Finally it was time for her bedroom. She chose dark midnight blue walls as a base with small galaxies dotted around giving an otherworldly feeling. The floors were a pale grey wood to represent clouds in the sky. She also picked some star constellations that would glow on the ceiling at night the main one being 'Sirius' in honer of her godfather, who she knew was wrongfully imprisoned. Finally she chose a queen sized white bed with pale stars to resemble a floating dream in the night sky. As soon as she had finished her design she quickly payed the young man before making her way to Flourish and Blotts the bookstore.

Entering the bookstore she gazed in excitement at all the knowledge she would learn. She first picked out all of the first year school book before moving onto the second, third and fourth years, promising herself to get the fifth to seventh books next year. She then proceeded to get books on Wizarding etiquette and laws as she now knew she was head of some very important houses and would need to know more about the laws. She also grabbed some advanced transfiguration, potion and charms books as well as a set of ancient runes. Finally finished she purchased her book and stepped back into the alley. She pondered where to go next before deciding to go to the Apothecary to collect some potions supplies. Feeling relived she felt a smile slip onto her face as she asked for three first year potions sets and the according cauldron and phials.

As she continued on her shopping, she stopped for a small snack break at Florean Fortescue's ice cream shop. After spending a minute looking at the menu she chose a simple Vanilla ice cream, not having the sweet tooth most children her age did. It was 3:30 now and the last items on her list were her school robes. Getting up from her table at the ice cream parlour, she walked quickly to Madam Malkins and entered the shop.

"Hogwarts' dear?" A squat women asked politely. With a quick nod Melodie was shuffled onto one of the platforms to be measured. There was only one other person there, a boy with platinum blond hair slicked back with too much gel. "Hogwarts to then?" He asked rudely with a snotty pure blood air. "Yes," Melodie answer in a quiet but cold voice. "What house do you want to be in?" The boy asked again. "My whole family's been in Slytherin," the blonde stated seemingly proud. "Can you imagine being sorted into Hufflepuff? I think I'd leave, there all a big joke," the blonde ranted. Melodie didn't speak only sneering at the fact that this boy would leave a magical school for something as silly as being sorted into an apparent joke of a house. "Do you play quidditch?" He questioned not sensing her irritation. Melodie answer with a cold "No," before he continued to speak. Couldn't he see she didn't want to talk to him. Gosh he was annoying. 

She vowed there and then if this continued at Hogwarts, she was going to put him in place and stop him speaking out of turn. "Father said it's a crime first years can't play. I'm going to bully him into getting a broom anyways," the boy ranted. "Say, where are your parents?" He questioned.
"Dead," she answered coldly. The blonde looked frightened now seemingly seeing her annoyed face. "Sorry!" He squeaked out now frightened of the female. She smirked at his pathetic attempt at being brave before questioning what his name was. "Draco, Draco Malfoy," the boy stated seeming proud of his name. "And you are?" he questioned. "Melodie, Melodie Potter," she stated laughing inside as his eyes blew wide. Nothing more was said between the two as both of there robes were finished. 

Melodie got her wand next it was an 11 inch holly wand with a golden phoenix feather. She also grabbed a dragon skin wand holster before getting away from the creepy white haired man. She spent the last half an hour exploring before going back to Charing Cross road and waiting for the matron.

As soon as she arrived back at the orphanage she packed most of her trunk before getting some hygiene thinks like shampoos and toothbrushes from a nearby shop. Melodie spent the last month before school reading all her books but one and practicing her magic in the training room.

Now it was the night before she arrived at Hogwarts and began tearing apart the meddlesome fools plans.