The Professors Meeting

It was the end of the first week at Hogwarts for the students and professors alike and it was now time for the first of many professors meetings.

The four heads of house and the rest of the professors bar madam hooch (she mainly spoke to the heads of houses on how the students were flying) sat comfortably at the large round mahogany table located in the meeting room. All of them conversing with another or sitting quietly whilst waiting for the headmaster to arrive.

Suddenly, the door flew open and Dumbledore stepped in taking a place at the table. That had quietened everyone who was speaking and now they were starring attentively at the headmaster waiting for the meeting to commence. Dumbledore started speaking about upcoming plans for protecting the philosophers stone. (Sorcerers stone for Americans).

The professors all listened, the heads of houses putting in more input because they were the main people that were going to protect the stone. They discussed the devils snare that Pomona Sprout was growing with the help of some of her newt level students.
The charmed keys, curtesy of Filius Flitwick. Not forgetting the additional brooms lent to them by Madam Hooch. The enchanted chess set that Minerva McGonagall had meticulously transfigured throughout the previous summers holiday. As well as the potions riddle from Severus Snape, aimed to fool even the strongest wizards. After all it had been said before that for most of the Magicals, logical thinking wasn't very present in their lives, being able to do most things with a flick of a wand had greatly deteriorated their intelligence. Finally from Quirinus Quirrel a troll that he had taken from Albania on his trip, no one the wiser or caring that some trolls had disappeared. People might've been expecting something more drastic to protect the stone but Dumbledore had made sure nobody knew about a specific, special mirror just yet.

————————————————————

The meeting tolled on for some more hours until it was just the heads of houses and the headmaster left.

Persona quickly changing from the heavily strained grandfather facade, Dumbledore hounded on each of the professors about a one Melodie Potter. He asked questions like "Is she doing well in class?" And "Has she got any friends?" Making Snape roll his eyes annoyed thoughts running through his head.
When questioned how she was settling in Slytherin though, Snape put on a face of cold indifference stating that she was fine and had befriended the Nott heir, the Zabini heir, the Parkinson heiress, the Malfoy heir and seemingly recently the Longbottom heir as well.

The twinkle diminished from Dumbledores eyes as he heard that she was fine in Slytherin and had no plans to be the Gryffindor he needed her to be. The sparkle then blew out as he heard all of the dark family's children she had befriended. Though a faint ember glowed as Snape mentioned she was at least acquaintances and possibly friends with the Longbottom boy, cogs turning in his head as he formed new plans on how to use they young boy. He never once saw the vindictive glare Snape gave him having seen the twinkle in his eye glowing strongly again.
Snape didn't particularly like the Potter, for obvious reasons, but she was one of his snakes now and she was still tolerable.

His mind flashed to the events that had taken place after his potions lesson with the first years. He had seen the Weasley boy push the girl and quickly stepped in taking points without letting the boy explain but he had seen the determined light shining in the girls eyes and despite their first impression decided that he might like the girl in later years. She was one of the more crafty snakes after all. He knew that the two boys that had been sent to the hospital wing with broken bones hadn't been an accident but he chose not to comment satisfied with the easy cover up by his snakes.

His mind flashing back to reality, he witnessed McGonagall pull out a shiny silver needle with a scaled snake design rapped around it and the initials M.R.P engraved on top. "She made this," he heard McGonagall explain to Dumbledore eyes open wide and mystified.

Choosing not to eavesdrop on the conversation anymore, Snape left the room face blank but a proud smirk on the inside. He rarely saw McGonagall mystified and if one of his Slytherins could make her be so easily he counted that as a win. He made his way back to his quarters in the dungeons mind stuck on the intelligent young Slytherin now at Hogwarts.

————————————————————

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry for how long it took to get another chapter out. Though I will warn you and won't be hurt if you don't come back, you aren't obligated to read my story, that it will probably continue to have slow updates as I have no real planned plot line, I do know where I want it to go roughly though. I am also working on another book that hopefully I can complete and then publish a couple of chapters at a time so you won't have to wait as much if you are still here when that gets released (probably in a couple of months). But enough about that thank you for reading this chapter and again sorry that it's not really plot based and that it's short, I'm thinking on what to do next and this is a bit of a filler chapter for you to hopefully enjoy.
-Lovelyangel