Chapter 4

Beth

Someone knocked on the door, we got up and the nurse walked in.

"Hello, I came to tell you that the operation went well, she is now in another room. It is bigger, there is also a bed for you there." said the nurse

"Thanks, but what was the matter with her wounds?" Daan asked

"There was probably dirt on the object with which she was stabbed. It started to ignite. Now everything is clean," she replied.

"Okay, that's fine. We'll pack our things and then go to the other room," I said

"Great, she's in room 662. I have to go, see you later," she said

"byee" I said

We actually didn't have to pack a lot, since we didn't have much. All we had is Daan's suitcase. Which contains clothes that she brought to the Netherlands. But that is not very bad, I fit them too. And we often wear each other's clothes, but we didn't have very much now.

...

We walked into the room, there was Taytum. She was still asleep, but she seemed so small in her bed. There was a tube attached to the catheter in her hand, moisture was running through it. Why does she have to go through all this? She is still so young ...

I put the suitcase down and sat on her bed next to her.

I gently removed her hair from her face

She is so cute when she sleeps, her thumb in her mouth, her hair tousled and the very light freckles on her face. But when she is awake you see her fantastic gray eyes.

Daan

A nurse entered the room.

"Hey, I was just going to wake her up for a diaper change and her next round of medicine, would one of you like to do it?" She asks, holding out the diaper and wipes that were placed in her hands.

"Uhh yeah, thank you" I replied, taking the offered diaper and wipes.

"It's no problem, the medicines placed in the cupboard above the bed. I'll be back in about half an hour with food for Taytum, call if you need anything" I nod and gives her a small smile. Then she walked out of the room.

"Do you want to do it or shall I do it?" I asked Beth.

"No, you can do it. I'll do it next time," she replied.

Placing the bag, diaper and wipes onto the chair. I bends down slightly in front of Taytum and rests my hand on the back of her head, running my fingers through her thin head of hear.

The tiny girl stirs at the touch, and her eyes blearily open as her thumb leaves her mouth.

"Hi baby girl" she whisper.

"Mommy?" She said

But before we could say anything, she started crying. Tears ran down her cheeks.

"I-i sorwy"

"For what baby?" I asks.

"I-I say mommy" she cried

"But baby, it doesn't matter. You can call us how you want" I said, while I lifted Taytum.

I gently wiped the tears from her cheeks

"Rweally?" She questioned

"Yeah" I replied, Beth nodded.

"You can princess" she said.

I sat down on the bed next to Beth. I put Taytum on my lap, her face facing mine. She immediately put her forehead against me.