Chapter 1

updated on halloween.

i do not own death note.

Chapter 1
The past and the first Kira

"The person whose name is written in this book will die."

10 years ago...

I was only 5 years old when I was taken from my abusive father but I was glad to be taken away.
You see I was adopted the way I found out was because I found a copy of my birth certificate in the trash can with the name of my parents written on it and it wasn't that man who claimed to be my father it was someone else's name that was when everything changed. I took the certificate out of the trash can and shoved it in my jacket which was by the door before going to my father's room and asking the question most parents don't want their kids asking
"Oto-San am I adopted?" I asked
"Why do you want to know?" He responded
"Because were nothing alike and I want to know" I said calmly an evil grin appeared on his face before he said
"No you weren't, but you were stolen from your family before I killed them"
A look of shock appeared on my face as he grabbed me and forcefully threw me on his bed, practically laid on top of me while holding my arms above my head, he looked at me and said "this is what happens when children are bad they get punished"
My expression went from shock, to fear as he put his hand under my skirt I tried to struggle but he just held my hands tighter. Causing me to struggle even more, and more until he finally removed his hand from under my skirt he hadn't held back when he slapped me across the face so hard you could hear the sound of his hand hitting my face tears came to my eyes and my cheek was stinging from the pain even so I still struggled. Till the man I had always called my father released my hands, I jumped off the bed, and ran to the door but when I tried to open it was locked and the problem is the keys were at the top of the door and on his dresser so all I could do is hope he'd let me go which was very slim.
Soon I was picked up and yet again thrown forcefully onto the bed but this time I was turned over so my back was facing the ceiling and instead of holding my hands like he Is the did before. He handcuffed me I was soon striped necked and raped over and over with little brakes until final he fell asleep I woke up before him thankfully and weakly ran to his dresser quietly, as I grabbed the key I looked at the clock it read 2:45 am.
Nobody would be up but I had to get out so I went over to the door and unlocked it. The key at the top of the door fell. I managed to catch it before it hit the ground as I weakly walked out of the room I locked the door I had no time to grab money or a phone so I grabbed the jacket by the front door and threw it around me, opened the door, and ran out I didn't stop not even for a breath I just ran I stopped once to ask where the police station was but that was it. I ran until I got there I pushed the door open and managed to get inside someone must've heard it because people dressed in police attire came out from the back with guns loaded and ready but a Boy who looked about one or two years older than me told them "lower your guns it's just a child" he said as he approached me The men hadn't lowered their gun but instead just kept telling the boy to "get away from her she could be dangerous"
"But she's not, so lower your guns!" Light plead to the cops
"What is going on out here?!" Another man said
"The cops didn't take their guns off me but one spoke to the newest arrival explaining the situation.
The man said a few things back as if lecturing him before telling the others
"Let me through" which they did "and lower your guns why are you pointing them at a child especially one who looks like she was running for her life!" The chief yelled before turning to light and asking
"what are you doing here so early?"
"You forgot your lunch" light responded as the other officers lowered their guns i collapsed onto the floor the last thing I remembered was being loaded into an ambulance.
I slowly woke up in a hospital room panting I tried to get up but as soon as my feet hit the ground I fell. A nurse came in the room and helped me back into the bed I was scared and she could see that. So after helping me back into the bed she took my temperature. She removed the thermometer from my mouth then read it aloud
"100* c, seems you have a fever little girl." When I didn't respond she became concerned so she asked me a question instead "can you tell us who your parents are so they can pick you up?"
I looked at her and tears flooded from my eyes as the memory of what happened came back she went over to the sink and grabbed a tissue box that was sitting next to it, On the counter and handed it to me then asked again "we really need to know so we can at least tell them where you are they're probably worried." She placed her hand on mine. I gave up and reached into the jacket pocket pulling the crumpled birth certificate out and handed it to her right then the police officer knocked on the door before walking in.
"You're Soichiro Yagami the head of police right?" The nurse asked
"Yes, that's me and do you mind leaving us alone for a bit?". He asked "and in about five or ten minutes could you let my son light Yagami into the room?"
"Sure, also Chief Yagami, the doctor will be in in about 15 minutes" she said after placing the paper back onto my bed and walking out of the room. Chief Yagami, closed the door as she left so that we were the only two in the room. Silence rung throughout the room for about five minutes until a boy walked in and closed the door. He walked over to the other side of the bed pushed a comfy chair so that it was next to the bed. The chief of police did the same.
The boy looked at me and I looked at him he just stared at me for a few minutes before asking the same question as the nurse "who're your parents?" Tears flooded my eyes again I picked up the certificate that was laying in front of me and handed it to the older guy the boy stood up, climbed on the bed and put his hand on my shoulder I quickly seated his hand away and fear had filled my eyes.
"Why'd you do that?" He asked
"Light, calm down." The chief said light did as he said and went back to the chair.
"Can you tell me your name?" I looked at him i was so tired of the questions. I was about to respond when a man came running in and shouted "MAYU!"
when I saw the man the look of top fear heightened he came towards me I kept scooting back in the bed as far back as I could which wasn't that far he came closer until he was next to the police chief I then did the only thing I could think to do I jumped out of the bed and started to fall. But right before i hit the ground Light caught me. I didn't care if he was a guy at this point I wanted to get out of there I tried to struggle my way out of lights arms but it was useless so I stopped struggling and just let him hold me in his arms with my head on his shoulder. "Mayu what's wrong I'm. Your father?" He said
"I didn't look at him I could over hear the conversation between the imposter and the chief he confirmed that the man was my father but in truth he was tricked so I whispered into lights ear "please don't let him take me" the tears flooded from my eyes and I barely managed to finish whispering to him but I did " if you let him take me he'll punish me again and again for no reason I was finally able to escape he never punished me before yesterday."
I stopped because the chief told light "put her on the bed " which he did afterwards he looked at me who was currently crying and said "you'll go home tomorrow"
I looked at him and even more. Tears ace out of my eyes and I was badly able to speak
Please, don't make me go home with him if you do he'll punish me again like he did yesterday I barely made it to the police... please don't let me go with him he isn't my father he said so himself! Before he punished me for asking if I was adopted! I kept crying until I fell asleep.
When I woke up I was in a car. I feared it was the importers car when two arms were wrapped around my body I struggled but then I heard a familiar voice telling me to
"calm down"
The voice belonged to Light Yagami I looked up at him and knew now that I could trust him and only him. That was the day I was saved...