chapter twenty-five

Start from the beginning

Rowyn kissed the slope of his neck. "I hate surprises." She mumbled into the warm skin that rested on her lips.

"I was a surprise, wasn't I?" Peter said, his hands resting underneath her legs. "I mean—Narnia, all of this—it was a surprise."

Rowyn kissed his neck again. "Okay, fine—I like some surprises." She smiled into his neck as Peter turned his head enough to kiss her forehead.

"Well you'll like this one." He told her as he helped her into a small boat that would take them to a small island roughly two miles out from Narnian soil.

....

Rowyn smiled at the white sand that warmed between her toes. "I've never seen beaches this white—this pure." She told Peter, who walked beside her, his hand in hers. "It's almost like it's stardust that fell from the night sky." As much as Jadis had traumatized the color white for her, these beaches filled her with an emotion she couldn't quite explain.

Peter watched her with admiration. "Stardust, huh?" Rowyn turned to him and nodded proudly. Night had fallen possibly an hour ago but summer night was warm, perfectly warm.

Rowyn released his hand and walked towards the water. "Do you think we could stay here forever? Just you and me." Her gaze fell upon the moon that lit up the surface of the small waves before they crashed onto the land. The moment the island came into view, Rowyn was instantly in love. It was small and held beaches of pure white, glowing sand and waters of deep piercing blue—just like Peter's eyes. Rowyn hadn't even gotten to see the small house that rested on the island for them—she was too focused on the sand and the water.

Peter came behind her and held her waist, pressing a small kiss to the slope of her neck. "We'd be pretty old."

Rowyn chuckled but it was quickly stifled when Peter brushed her hair away and kissed more of her neck. Peter ran his hand up the periwinkle blue material of her dress to rest on her stomach. Rowyn turned around to face him, forcing his mouth away from her neck, and cupped his cheeks.

"I love you." She told him, her violet eyes shining in the night.

Peter brought his hand up to hold her hands. "Scars and all?" Rowyn didn't respond. She knew that he—just like her—was self conscious of his battle scars.

Instead, she pulled his head down to hers and pressed her mouth to his. They both sighed happily into the kiss. It was short, sweet but when Peter went to pull away, Rowyn kissed him harder.

Peter didn't hesitate to kiss her with equal intensity while his hands wrapped around her waist and lifted her up so they were the same height. Her arms wrapped around his neck as his tongue entered her mouth and danced with hers.

"Touch me." Rowyn panted when they broke the kiss for a moment to retrieve air. Peter looked at her half-lidded eyes. "Please."

Peter kissed the nape of her neck and said, "If you want to stop at any moment, you tell me—I don't care how far along we are—if it ever gets too much, I'll stop for you." Rowyn bit her lip when his teeth scraped the skin of her neck and nodded in understanding.

Rowyn was grateful for this secluded island when Peter's hands began to undo the straps at the front of her dress.

As he worked to undo hers, she went to pull off his cloak and then pull his tunic from his pants. "I love you." Peter panted, pulling away from the kiss to move to her cheek, her jaw, then her neck and shoulder. "God, I love you."

Rowyn closed her eyes and bit down a moan when he found her weak spot, just below her ear. "I love you so much." She breathed out. He sucked on her skin and Rowyn found it harder and harder to hold in her moans, so she moved her mouth to his neck as well.