Daniel laughed a little, "Good luck with that. So, Ken. What's the exciting news you wanted to share?"

Ken cleared his throat, took a sip of milk, and sighed, "I . . . I think I'm in love with Ryan,"

My piece of bacon dropped for a second time and I could hear Daniel's fork clatter. Ken was staring at us with a weak smile, which quickly turned into a frown.

"What? You don't believe me?"

"I—Ken. You've been on and off for months now. You only asked him to be your long-term sub nearly four months ago. What—When did you start having these feelings?"

"I don't know. After our last spat, I realized how much it hurt to lose him and it's so fucking amazing to be around him and I wanna kiss him and make stories with him and marry him—"

"You wanna marry him?" I asked softly and Ken's smile glowed.

"I guess I do. I wanna marry Ryan,"

I turned to Daniel to see his reaction and he was smiling, "I don't think I've ever seen you talk about anyone the way you talk about Ryan. Even when you're fighting. Honestly, if you love him, you should tell him,"

Ken was practically glowing for the rest of breakfast and I was happy for him. Although they argued about stupid things a lot, Ryan and Ken cared about each other and they had a good thing with the contracts and being together. Ryan had become Ken's right-hand man at the club and if I am being at all honest, Ken would probably lose his head if it weren't for Ryan.

On the way back to my apartment, Daniel couldn't stop talking about it and every time we were at a stoplight, he'd squeeze my hand tightly. I was afraid it was going to bruise if he kept it up.

"Text me when you get there and when you get home, okay? I'll let you know about dinner tomorrow,"

I nodded and waved goodbye. After a quick shower and a small fight with my hair, I was changed and headed back out the door.

🖤

Alex was standing outside with Payton, looking exhausted. He smiled and waved me over when he noticed my bike pull up. I sent Daniel a quick text before rushing up to meet them.

"Quinn, I'm glad you could make it. Payton, you remember Quinn from Thomas' store, right?"

"Yeah. Hey, Quinn," they said, though their tone was a little sour.

"Good to meet you again, Payton and nice to see you again Alex,"

"Shall we?" Alex pushed Payton forward slightly and I fell in behind them. After we were seated with drink orders, Alex left to the bathroom, leaving me and Payton in awkward silence.

"So, are you new to the area?"

"Not really. I've lived around here for most of my life, but it's kind of my first time on my own,"

"That's cool. I'm originally from Arkansas, but I moved here when I was a kid. So, Alex said that you were having some issues adjusting to the club. Anything I can help with?"

Payton looked uncomfortable and they shrank, "I'm not comfortable talking about that,"

I nodded and placed my hand on the table as non-threatening as possible, "I understand coming from a rough background and not wanting to talk about it. If you get overwhelmed and want to discuss anything with me, I am available,"

Payton relaxed, but only slightly, "Thanks, Quinn. Master Alex has been trying to get me to open up for a while, but I'm just not comfortable,"

"I may have only known Alex for a few weeks, but he's a good guy. He likes you a lot and cares for you. I hope you get comfortable enough to trust him,"