That Should Be Me [SooKai]

Start from the beginning

I waited for Beomgyu to be out of earshot to reply to Taehyun.

"Hyung, is your ex always making you hold his bags for him?"

"No, I never took him shopping for that same reason," he said, "What are they up to now?"

My eyes drifted to where the couple were, a few steps ahead of me, Beomgyu clinging onto Soobin's arm. Soobin placed a quick kiss on Beomgyu's cheek.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"Hyung, you don't wanna know."

~

Did you forget all the plans that you made with me?
'Cause baby I didn't

"Sure, Kai! When exactly?" Soobin asked me when I told him I wanted to hang out and watch the film.

"Next week Thursday?"

"You have my word."

~

Taehyun and I were waiting outside the theater, three movie tickets and popcorn in hand.

"What's taking him so long, the movie's about to start," I huffed impatiently as I took some popcorn from the pack Taehyun was holding.

Taehyun nearly choked on the snack when Soobin appeared at the far end with Beomgyu.

Are you sh*tting me, universe?

Taehyun's expression turned bitter as he snickered, "I though you said he wouldn't come."

"Soobin-hyung didn't tell me about it, okay?" I replied almost as jittery as his friend.

Soobin looked surprised to see me.

"Kai, I didn't know you'd be here, too what a coincidence!"

"Hyung... we were supposed to watch a movie together... of course I'm here."

I felt betrayed, he's forgotten. It was unfair, I've never forgotten anything about Soobin, because how could I, and he forgot our hang out in a heartbeat.

Soobin was about to reply when Beomgyu, that insolent trust fund baby, interjected, "Uhm, my friend's birthday is coming up so I brought Soobinnie here to help me pick out a gift."

Taehyun saw right through Beomgyu's façade, he knew his ex enough to figure out when he was lying.

"What a coincidence, we were leaving," Tae said, his face a stark contrast to the snark in his voice as he pulled me away.

~

That should be me

"No, Kai. I've made it clear that I do not want to see Beomgyu ever again, and if you're going to hang around with Soobin, I know for sure he's there too," Taehyun said angrily. I have successfully pissed Taehyun off, how nice.

"Alright then, hyung--"

"If you called for more advice, then no, I'm advising you not to go to Soobin's birthday party. I'm sure Yeonjun-hyung can cover for you."

"But it's his birthday!"

It was currently the fourth of December, a day before the party, and I already had my best shirt with my jumper prepared.

Taehyun's line went silent.

"Hyung?"

"I really feel sorry for you, Kai. Stop torturing yourself."