❝ keeping us together?❞

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔Xiaojun wakes up, finding Changri beside him

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Xiaojun wakes up, finding Changri beside him. He tries to process why she was there but then remembered what happened during the very early morning.

He sighs in relief before wrapping his arms around her torso and pulls her closer to him.

"You awake?" He heard her say and he hummed.

"Did you sleep well?" Xiaojun asks her and she turns around, smiling softly at Xiaojun before nodding.

"I can peacefully sleep now with no nightmares. You're also with me, so that relieves me even more." She says and Xiaojun chuckles.

They both stayed like that for a while until they heard a knock on the door.

"Xiaojun, we'll be heading out now. Take care of yourself and Changri, bye ~" They both heard Yang Yang and Jaemin say.

Changri sits up and looks down at Xioajun before smiling. She leans down to him, kissing his lips before cuddling with him again.

"I love you."

Meanwhile, with Jaemin, he leaves the mansion. He stares at the fully opaque necklace in his hand before putting it in his bag.

"Yah, Na Jaemin! Let's get going." He heard Yang Yang say from his car and Jaemin followed him, entering the car.

"Is something wrong? You seem down lately." Yang Yang asks the boy, worried about how his friend has become quieter and blank.

Jaemin shakes his head and just watch the car drive pass countless cars.

Jaemin closes his eyes, getting some scenarios in his head how things went easy in this world.

He's glad that his friends in different worlds have found their soulmate but every time they're finally together, Jaemin just feels empty.

He's slowly breaking apart because of this world and it's close to driving him insane but he has to keep a fake smile

He looks at the sky, wondering how long he can keep this up until he breaks down and give in.

Maybe, just a bit longer...

◇─◇

Renjun enters Jaemin's room very early in the morning. He makes his way to Jaemin's empty bed, feeling himself crying.

"Jaemin-ah, please come back quickly. We're missing you so much." Renjun cries, burying his crying face on the pillow as someone quietly listens to his sobs.

That, someone, was starting to cry as well, missing his loud and bubbly Hyung.

Jaemin has been gone for 2 months in their word but in Jaemin's perspective, he has been gone for almost a year now.

Time was different in every world.

There is a world where a day in that world is a minute in Jaemin's original world, it could be an hour as well.

Jisung places his hand on the wall, his legs giving up on him as he listens to his Hyung's sobs.

"Hyung... Jaemin Hyung... Nana Hyung... come back quickly." Jisung says as he continues to cry silently.

Meanwhile, Jeno was in his room, not being able to sleep again after the whole accident with Jaemin.

He sits up from his bed, staring out the window. He closes his eyes, imagining Jaemin calling his name again, smiling widely like the boy he is.

Jeno ordering them both drinks, mostly Jaemin's bitter coffee which he couldn't handle.

The time where he and Jeno went to high school together, auditioned together, trained together, debuted together, comeback together...

He misses it and now, he isn't even sure if he could see his dear best friend and it was saddening him.

It was breaking his heart, the heart of the boys, the heart of NCT who knows about Jaemin's disappearance.

Jeno soon starts to cry, his sobs audible from the other side of the room as he calls out Jaemin's name.

"NA JAEMIN, END THINGS QUICKLY AND COME BACK!"

◇─◇

Jaemin enters his room, seeing the same lady from before.

"I have removed their memories. Let's go to the next world." She says and makes a portal.

She let Jaemin go through it first, making him have the memories of the girl and Kun's.

She then closes the portal before hearing the cries and voices of Jaemin's members from his original world.

She closes her eyes, looking at her hands before at the mirror where she sees Jaemin in a university now.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this."

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚ END *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

THAT'S THE ENDNDNDNDDDD

I want the ending to be more focused on Jaemin and a little bit more to why he is here.

Also, I ended this book quickly and lowkey rushed it because I was running out of ideas and I don't want to force ideas out of myself because it never turns out good.

So I am deeply sorry if this has disappointed you.

I promise I'll focus more on Kun's for his soulmate book next time.

Bye and thank you~~