chapter 16

POV: 3rd person
Almost a year passed since the two couples formed. There was a visible difference between the two couples. Sonic's and Shadow's relationship was still the same, nothing had changed in that year. They still had their sweet, innocent love. They only cuddled, nuzzled, and gave each other gentle kisses. Sonic's and Silver's relationship was further. Sonic didn't mind the difference in his relationships, he liked what he had with each male.

It only took a few days before the press found out about the couple. The world took it rather well, which was good. Now, it was also known that the blue hero was engaged to one of the two males, as he was seen in public wearing the engagement ring, but to who was not known.

"I'm not sure if this is it..." Sonic's unsure voice sounded from behind the curtains where he was dressed into a tuxedo.

"Come on Sonic. With that attitude, you are never going to find the one." Rouge said to try to give the blue male some encouragement, which didn't really work out.

"I'm never going to find it then..!" Sonic held back a sob. He already felt so unsure being in a tuxedo and what Rouge was saying wasn't helping at all.

"What's the big deal anything? You're only going to wear it once." Knuckles pointed out and rolled his eyes.

"Can you both shut up?!" Shadow snarled at the two. He could tell his boyfriend was anxious which made him feel bad. This whole marriage thing was taking a toll on his boyfriend. "I'm sure you look beautiful." Shadow said and looked back at the curtains when he saw they were being moved to the side.

"How do I look..?" Sonic asked and rubbed his arm as he looked down at the black shoes he was wearing. What he was wearing was a traditional tuxedo, nothing too special. He liked it but he rather not wear the pants as he didn't like the feeling of the fabric against the fur on his legs.

"You look... absolutely gorgeous." Shadow managed to get those words out. He felt speechless as he gazed at his boyfriend. He didn't expect him to look so good on him.

"You really think so..?" Sonic asked as he fiddled with the sleeves of the tuxedo.

"I think it looks good!" Tails said with a smile.

"It does. But maybe we should try all white, I think black is a little too dark on you." Rouge said which made Sonic sigh.

"What do you think Shadow?" Sonic asked, looking at his boyfriend who was still examining him.

"It wouldn't hurt to try." Shadow said and with that, the blue hedgehog went to get another tuxedo. The other's patiently waited for him to be done. It took a little while, but Sonic came out wearing the white tuxedo. His friends seemed to like it but Shadow seemed to be having doubt, Sonic could tell by the fact that he was frowning.

"Do you not like it?" Sonic asked his boyfriend.

"I don't know. I don't really like the color white on you." Shadow said.

"What?! How not?!" Rouge couldn't believe that the ebony hedgehog didn't like it.

"Isn't Silver supposed to like it?" Knuckles questioned.

"Shadow and Silver have the same taste when it comes to this so I'm going with what he thinks looks good." Sonic said then motioned Shadow to come look with him at different tuxedos. The ebony hedgehog got up from his seat and followed his boyfriend. The two looked for a while for something they both liked. They came out with a dark blue tuxedo with a white undershirt. Sonic went to try it on and Shadow went back to sitting with the others. They waited patiently for the blue hedgehog to get dressed. Once he came from behind the curtains, they looked at him in awe. Shadow's eyes were widened and his jaw was dropped. He was absolutely speechless. His boyfriend looked stunning, and even that was an understatement.

"So you like it?" Sonic chuckled at seeing the others' faces. Shadow got up from his seat and walked up to the blue hero. He smiled and cupped the other's cheeks.

"You look stunning." The ebony one whispered softly then leaned in and gently kissed his lover. Sonic kissed back and placed his hands on the other's chest.

"So this is the one eh?" Sonic said after they pulled away.

"Definitely." Shadow replied and gave him a peck on the lips. This was definitely the one.