ʟᴏꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

(y/n pov)

Why do I still feel this way? The hate I hold towards myself.. I couldn't have done anything. No. I could have. I just stood there and watched it, I watched my parents get murdered right in front of me. Though, I couldn't move, such a coward. I could have made those stupid bastards burn right in front of me, but I didn't. Why? All because I'm afraid of myself. I don't know if I'll lose control and I refuse to harm someone else because of my incapability. 

Eight  months have passed since that night. I wonder if they hate me, hate me for not trying to save them. Everyday guilt eats away at my worthless soul. 

I was now running through the streets of Yokohama with tears in my eyes. I just finished a shift at a waiting job so I was also attempting to take off the ugly tight vest I had to wear because it as suffocating my lungs. I had to stop to catch my breath and that's when I finally got my vest completely off and folded it so I could hug it between my right arm  and my waist. 

I decided to quit running and just walk the rest of the way home to my one bedroom apartment which was still fifteen minutes away. I wiped away the hardened tears on my face and started to calm down. Nothing I can do now. 

grrrrr. grrrr

"Jesus. I haven't eaten all day," I said to myself while starting to grasp onto my stomach like that was going to make the hunger pains go away. I walked into the nearest store that sold quickly made cheap food and I purchased a quick bite so I could last at least until I got home. 

There's someone staring at me. 

I don't have eyes on the back of my head but it feels like lasers are piercing my skull from behind. I walked out of the store and heard the bell ring again ten seconds after I left. I could still feel that piercing annoying stare in the back of my head so, I took a turn down a dark alley way. 

"Ooooo look what I found guys. A pretty young lady." A very tall but slim man said as he suddenly grabbed onto my cheeks preventing me to move my face. He turned me around to face him but it wasn't just him there were four men there. 

No, five. 

I couldn't see a fifth one but I felt the being of someone else near, watching. 

"Hey. Pay attention to me slut or else I'm going to bash your head in," said the guy with the grip on my scalp. 

"Oh noooo whatever shall I do," I said with a playful tone. 

"You don't want to fuck with us girl." One of the other boys said sounding almost threatening. 

"Listen, I really don't want to do this because I really can't control myself but you meanies here have left me no real choice," I said back but this time sticking my tongue out just to annoy them. 

"Who does she think she is? Talking to us like that. Break her head boss. Snap her tiny skull." Another man said. 

I really didn't want to do this. Sorry.

"Special ability: Flame from within," I said now putting my hands up to the arms of the slim guy that was mid way into smashing my head into the dirty ground. 

"SHIT." He yelled in pain as I broke away from his hold and gathered them all up in my flames then, I laid a single finger on each man and watched them burn from the inside out. 

"No honey, it's me you didn't want to fuck with," I snarled to the same man who threatened me earlier, but of course he was now dead. 

"Heyyyy mysterious fifth man that I can sense I don't want you following me home so if you could come out that would be great," I said with my normal playful tone, shooting a peace sign in the direction he was. 

As if on queue the man floated down from the building with a smile on his face. 

"Why are you so happy," I questioned the man who had beautiful ginger hair and a hat on. 

"I had a mission to wipe these four fools out and you did my job for me," he stated back looking at the now four dead bodies in a pile. 

"YOU'RE LIKE ME." I shouted not  noticing I was now pulling on his arm and jumping up and down like a child. "Oh sorry," I said kinda embarrassed and backed up,"I've never met someone like me before." I continued to talk looking at the cold ground.

"Is that so?" He questioned tilting his head to the side slightly.

"mhm," I chirped back with a hum in my now excited tone.

"Would you like to work somewhere where everyone is like you?" He said while looking me dead in the eyes. 

"Really? You mean that?" I hummed back. 

"Of course, I'd never lie," He stated to me.

"Then it's a deal Mr.stranger," I said in a playful but yet serious tone. 

"Oh I'm sorry my name is Chuuya Nakahara, and yours?"

"I'm (y/n)!"

"It's nice to meet you (y/n)" Chuuya said back with a pinch of pink in his cheeks. "May I walk you home? I wouldn't want you to get into another situation and on top I can know where to pick you up tomorrow so I can introduce you to our boss," he said looking in the direction of the exit of the ally way. 

"Why yes of course handsome chibi you may walk me home," I stuck my tongue out at him at the end of my statement. 

His face got red and he yelled,"Heyy I'm not short! You're shorter than me, so YOU'RE the chibi here." He remarked and we both started laughing as I led him to my apartment which was about a ten minute walk from where we currently were.

~~~~~~

Heyyyyy this is my first time writing since like 2018!!!! Leave comments on ideas or even just your opinions!!! 

much love~ ♡