Chapter Three

"Um.." She blinked a few times looking at the man before she bowed, "I'm Kagome Higurashi, I am the new intern here as of today. I hope we get along." She gave the man a small smile, hoping to break the ice.

Hatori looked at her studying her, trying to figure her out. He hadn't gotten to stop her from running away this morning and now here she was right in front of him. It seemed like fate was on his side.

"Your desk will be over here." Hatori motioned for her to follow him, and pointed to the desk closest to the window, "For today you will be going over some documents and get familiar with the regulars that come here. Once you are done with that we can move on to do some check ups that will be coming in this afternoon."

Hatori was going to have her do some documents as he went and talked to Akito, he needed to be informed of the new intern...and what occurred this morning. As much as he didn't want to tell him, he knew there would be worse consequences if he didn't tell him. He didn't know for sure if it was a fluke...but he also didn't want to chance it by hugging her again.

Hatori could erase her mind, but he needed Akito's permission to do that. Sighing Hatori looked at the young blue-eyed woman in front of him. He hoped Akito was in a good mood today...

"I am going to go get some more supplies while you look over the documents..." It was a lie, but she didn’t need to know that.

Kagome nodded, not saying anything. She wanted to have a good first day, and to question him while not even being here thirty minutes...that wouldn't be a good way to start her internship.

Kagome sat down silently as she looked at the folders that he had neatly sat down on the desk, she glanced at the Doctor as he glanced at her one last time before leaving. He was different than she expected, that and the weird feeling she got from him. It was the same feeling she got from the white and black haired boy from earlier.

She didn't know what was different about them, but she was sure going to figure it out...

x-X-x

Hatori left the woman with the client files and quickly made his way to Akito. It was better to get it over and done with now than to wait. He didn't want to get to know this girl and have something bad happen to her. The Sohma family didn't get many people to do internships, only every so often, so this was a rare occurrence. The last one that was here was...Kanna.

It felt like a lifetime ago since she had been here. Closing his eyes another sigh escaped his lips as he stopped in front of the door to the room that held the Head of the Sohma family.

Knocking Hatori waited for an answer.

"...enter..."

Opening the door he entered and shut the sliding door behind him before moving further into the room. Akito was leaning through the window, arms stretched through and eyes looking outside with a thoughtful look.

Seeing who entered, Akito moved away from the window, and stood straight looking at the Doctor and zodiac member with a curious look, "What can I do for you..." he paused, eyes narrowing as he regarded his Dragon, "...it isn't time for a checkup and you don't usually visit me to just visit me..."

Hatori kept his face emotionless as Akito walked towards him as if almost circling him, "What happened that you needed to come and see me I wonder...." the last part was muttered as dark eyes hardened.

"I have come to inform you of a new intern. She has started working today." He paused seeing the look in Akito's eyes when he said it was a girl.

"Is that so..." Akito gave a small hum as he moved to the open doors of his room that led to the garden by his rooms, "...and this...woman...how long is she going to be working here?"

"About a year..." Hatori paused, wanting to say more but refrained. He didn't know how to bring up the fact that the girl had bumped into him and he hadn't transformed. To have someone not a part of their family and not a member of the Zodiac, being able to hug them without them transforming was something that never had happened before.

Ever.

"...there is something else." The Head of the Sohma family stated as he sat down looking at the garden, "..What is it."

"The girl...I had a brief run in with her..." He started but Akito interrupted him by turning his head eyes narrowed to slits.

"So you transformed?" Akito inquired, biting his thumb as he thought of the reactions outsiders had had to his Zodiac members transformations.

Hatori sighed, "No...I didn't transform at all."

Akito stopped biting his thumb and looked at Hatori in shock, "...you didn't transform..." he didn't know what to say to this, "...at all?"

Hatori shook his head, "No..."

Akito closed his eyes, he knew the curse wasn't breaking, and all the zodiac members were accounted for...so how could this happen. He hadn't read anything about anyone not being able to trigger the curse.

"Keep an eye on her...We need to make sure it wasn't a fluke." Looking up at the sky Akito sighed, "See if she really is immune to our curse...if she is I would like to meet her...soon..."

Hatori nodded, and bowed, "I understand...and if it was just a fluke?" He needed to cover all chances of their curse getting out.

Akito smirked cruelly, "If it was a ...fluke...erase her memories and send her on her way."

Getting his orders Hatori left, a heavy weight on his shoulders as he headed back to the source of the problem. Deep down he hoped that this girl was immune to the curse, but he never would admit it.