Chapter Two

Kagome smiled as she got everything she needed together. Today was going to be the start of a new day. She was going to start her job as an intern.

She could barely hold in her excitement. Her life was finally getting back on track, after putting everything with the jewel first, she finally was starting to live her own life.

Everything with the jewel was over, she had dropped out of school because it was taking so much time. She had gotten a GED, and took online classes so she could just do large chunks of classes. She could do a whole bunch of them at a time.

It had helped her, she had gotten a lot of her classes done that way. When the jewel had been completed and she had been stuck in her time, she took up going to classes like a normal person would.

It took awhile for her to adjust to regular life, but she had done it. Kagome had moved out of the shrine, not being able to live there anymore, and moved into a small one bedroom apartment.

She didn't have a lot of contact with her family anymore and while it saddened her she knew it was for the best. Their relationship was strained with all that she had gone through in middle school. She still talked to them occasionally...but it was starting to get too awkward, small talk could only get one so far.

Kagome knew it was just a matter of time before all contact slowed to a stop.

A bitter smile made its way to her lips, no matter what she couldn't say she regretted it. She saved a lot of people in the past. She had made memories with people she had loved dearly, and she learned things she would never have even dreamed about in the past.

She learned about her miko powers, how to heal, and about curses. Kagome knew that life wasn't black and white, but she still held a positive look on life.

Kagome couldn't help but try to look at things with a positive outlook, it was what kept her going in the Feudal Era when things were bleak.

She had to keep the others going...and she did.

"Oi...You lost?"

Kagome blinked and turned to the voice, behind her was a boy, younger than herself, with Black and white hair.

She blinked at this, 'Interesting choice of color there...'

"Um...Yes...I am looking for The Sohma Clinic..." Kagome gave the boy a small smile trying to figure out what felt different about him.

She had felt the same thing from the man she ran into earlier in the day.

"Hmm," The boy tilted his head, "Follow me."

Blinking she looked at the boy who was now walking in the direction she was going. He paused and looked back at her over his shoulder, "You coming?"

Shaking herself out of it, she hurried and caught up with him. The two stayed quiet for the next five minutes before the boy stopped again.

"It is the second one on the left." He gave her one last once over before he started to walk away.

"Thank You!" Kagome bowed at the man’s back as he started walking away. He turned to look at her  over his shoulder seeing her bowing but just shrugged and kept on walking away, a wave of his hand over his shoulder showing he heard her.

Kagome bit her lip as she walked to the building the boy told her was her destination. She took a deep breath as she raised her hand and knocked on the door.

Not even a minute later the door opened and before he was a man that looked familiar. This morning's events flashed in her mind.

She blinked as she looked at the man again, recognition flashing in her eyes, 'It's the guy from this morning!'

She didn't know how much fate was once again playing into her life, that her life was forever changed because of that chance meeting.